The Student Room Group

Took Levonelle One Step twice in one cycle

Last month i took Levonelle twice in one cycle which were about 7 days apart and luckily a week later i had a pretty normal period which started on the expected date (June 30th)

Last week, my boyfriend and I once again had unprotected sex, however we did the 'pull out method' without getting the morning after pill afterwards (I know this was stupid but I didn't think it would be such a great idea to take the pill three times in less than two months)

However, this month my period hasn't come at all and I'm currently six days late (It is now the 29th of July).

Would this be down to taking the pill twice although I've already had a normal period since?

I am also aware that the morning after pill isn't an appropriate main form of contraception and I will switch to the contraceptive pill after this worry has hopefully passed.
Original post by Anonymous
Last month i took Levonelle twice in one cycle which were about 7 days apart and luckily a week later i had a pretty normal period which started on the expected date (June 30th)

Last week, my boyfriend and I once again had unprotected sex, however we did the 'pull out method' without getting the morning after pill afterwards (I know this was stupid but I didn't think it would be such a great idea to take the pill three times in less than two months)

However, this month my period hasn't come at all and I'm currently six days late (It is now the 29th of July).

Would this be down to taking the pill twice although I've already had a normal period since?

I am also aware that the morning after pill isn't an appropriate main form of contraception and I will switch to the contraceptive pill after this worry has hopefully passed.

Just taking the pill once can mess up your cycle for a while, two in one month isnt good for your body. I would take a test just incase as being stressed could be making your period late at least then you know.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Just taking the pill once can mess up your cycle for a while, two in one month isnt good for your body. I would take a test just incase as being stressed could be making your period late at least then you know.

Thank you
Like the above post said, it is common for it to mess up your periods for some time. Judging by your lack of alternative contraception I am assuming you haven't been on the regular pill before (may be a good idea, or some other form of long term contraception) and I don't know whether the hormones in the morning after pill could affect you in a more profound way as your body isn't used to the higher dose of the synthetic estrogen/progesterone. Either way, I'd take a pregnancy test to be safe and get yourself to a clinic/dr for a more reliable contraceptive :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest