Someone explain this meek mill and drake stuff. Watch

SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Legit I didn't even know a meek mill existed till a few days ago because all I see is memes about meek mill and drake and niki Minaj.

I am bored so might as well learn something
missaxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
so from what i know meek went mad on twitter after nicki had beef w/ taylor for some reason, started throwing shade to drake saying he doesn't write his own lyrics etc. drake got pissed and bought out 3 diss tracks and everyones waiting for a response from meek
Killa Kam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by missaxo)
so from what i know meek went mad on twitter after nicki had beef w/ taylor for some reason, started throwing shade to drake saying he doesn't write his own lyrics etc. drake got pissed and bought out 3 diss tracks and everyones waiting for a response from meek
Its all for publicity

Posted from TSR Mobile
DiddyDec01
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can someone translate this to English?

Posted from TSR Mobile
missaxo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Can someone translate this to English?

Posted from TSR Mobile
how can you not understand that? it's not that hard :lol:
Killa Kam
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because his brain is incapable. I understood it fine, a few missed punctuation marks and he thinks he's reading Arabic, shows how he lacks versatility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
saeed97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So nicki and taylor eat some bovine meat and meek mill got annoyed with drake?
missaxo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by saeed97)
So nicki and taylor eat some bovine meat and meek mill got annoyed with drake?
:lol::lol:
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Both a pair of fannies basically.

Really stupid question, but are any of them actually any good?
missaxo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Both a pair of fannies basically.

Really stupid question, but are any of them actually any good?

back to back is actually quite good!
saeed97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
back to back is actually quite good!
Apart from 20 seconds of it the rest is quite trash to be honest.
DiddyDec01
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Killa Kam)
Because his brain is incapable. I understood it fine, a few missed punctuation marks and he thinks he's reading Arabic, shows how he lacks versatility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Throwing shade? What does that even mean? And what are diss tracks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
missaxo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Throwing shade? What does that even mean? And what are diss tracks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
throwing shade: insulting someone or disrespecting them in a casual manner

diss tracks: literally diss tracks. a song basically disrespecting someone
Ridingmyego
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Legit I didn't even know a meek mill existed till a few days ago because all I see is memes about meek mill and drake and niki Minaj.

In short, it's an indictment of the state of contemporary rap. Gone are the days of Ether, Who Shot Ya?, and Nail In the Coffin. Instead rappers now take to social media to spew pitiful antagonism at each other. Man, think of Biggie+PAC? Em and Ja Rule? Nas and Jay-Z? Legendary rivalries which included quarrels of frightening magnitude and deadly repercussions!

Good Lord.

Rap's my JAM. Biggie, PAC, Nas, Easy, Eminem, DMX, and even Lil Wayne's sincere side (see Something you forgot) bridged the gap between teenage angst and post-adolescent clumsiness for me. So I'll be indebted to the genre until the day I die again.
Ridingmyego
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
throwing shade: insulting someone or disrespecting them in a casual manner

diss tracks: literally diss tracks. a song basically disrespecting someone
Best diss track of all time?

Ether? Hit em up? Who shot ya? The Warning? Nail in the Coffin?
missaxo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ridingmyego)
Best diss track of all time?

Ether? Hit em up? Who shot ya? The Warning? Nail in the Coffin?
ether or takeover!!!
Smilin’ Knight
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was wondering what meek milk was.... :lol:
I'll just leave
driftawaay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i have never seen so many talentless people mentioned in the same post

all of this sounds like a kindergarten fight and all of these people are over 25

god have mercy on their soul
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)

Drake didn't tweet about Meeks album when it came out and I guess they were supposed to be 'friends' so meek called him out on Twitter saying that drake doesn't write his own raps. Drake felt some type of way and put out a diss record called 'charged up'. He was very soft spoken to which meek tweeted that it was 'Baby lotion soft'. Shortly after, drake released another track called 'back to back' with the most iconic line being 'is that a world tour or your girls tour'. If you didn't know, nicki Minaj is currently on tour in the states promoting her album, the PinkPrint. As her and meek mill are in a relationship, he's touring with her. Drake also said that nicki should take out a prenup, because nicki is worth a lot more than meek. Drake also said that he has waited 4 days for meek to respond.

As it stands, he has yet to respond to the two diss tracks, which has led to people thinking thst he (meek) is afraid to respond, however, he posted a picture on Instagram with a caption saying he'll be in the studio soon.

Oh and Drake and Nicki are signed to the same record label, and have been friends for years. Meek is her boyfriend. I'm assuming that this 'feud' is a little difficult for her
Ridingmyego
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ether or takeover!!!
Can't argue with that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.54%
No (268)
33.46%

Watched Threads