The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

hey. i was wondering if radiography is a tough course to complete?
Original post by louiza-8
hey. i was wondering if radiography is a tough course to complete?

Any course has a level of 'tough' about it. Radiography is full on and fast paced. It is a professional course, so around 4 days a week in uni, lots of revision, lots of learning, but enjoyable too...it's been said you learn more in the first term than a junior doctor does! But you are learning anatomy, skeleton, vascular, joints, understanding X-rays, CT, physics etc...it's hard, but I'm loving it and passionate about it, so I'm enjoying the 'tough' aspect of learning. Also placement is 4 1/2 days a week for around 20 weeks of the year, including throughout holidays, not an average uni course!
Original post by georgiecomo
Any course has a level of 'tough' about it. Radiography is full on and fast paced. It is a professional course, so around 4 days a week in uni, lots of revision, lots of learning, but enjoyable too...it's been said you learn more in the first term than a junior doctor does! But you are learning anatomy, skeleton, vascular, joints, understanding X-rays, CT, physics etc...it's hard, but I'm loving it and passionate about it, so I'm enjoying the 'tough' aspect of learning. Also placement is 4 1/2 days a week for around 20 weeks of the year, including throughout holidays, not an average uni course!

Is it more coursework based, practical or exam based work?
Original post by louiza-8
Is it more coursework based, practical or exam based work?

Have exams in January and May, coursework is throughout and practical is a big bulk of the course spread out over the year.
Original post by georgiecomo
Have exams in January and May, coursework is throughout and practical is a big bulk of the course spread out over the year.

Okay, thanks for the help
hi,
I've applied to study Diagnostic Radiography next year 2017. I've applied to Herts, Portsmouth, BCU, Derby and London Southbank. I have my interview for BCU next friday can anyone help me with what to expect? questions? written radiography assessment? I'm so scared...
I've applied to Derby as well. Here is the 2017 forum. Some people have applied to BCU on there. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4335506#primary_content
Hi I have an intervew in February can anyone tell me What expect, they asked me to bring a Scientific calculater, does anyone know what they ask in maths and what level, just want to prepare.thanks
Reply 2488
Original post by Adie_Bradford
I've just completed my first year of radiography at Bradford, starting year 2 in September. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them here or PM me, I'll give you a bit of an idea what to expect:
43 people in my cohort so not massive class sizes. Bradford itself is an absolute dump. Faculty of Health building is extremely modern and up to date, the facilities are very impressive and it was this that made me come here. Tuition is very classroom based, most of what you need to know for exams is taught to you, you're not expected to go away and research it all for yourself. If you take notes in class and follow instructions you'll be fine.
You do blocks of 4 or 5 weeks alternatively in the uni and on placement. This where you really learn about how to do the job, expect to spend 8 hours a day on your feet because this is how it works once you are qualified!
Overall I've had a fantastic year and really enjoyed myself, I would recommend Bradford uni to anyone, though if you're coming to uni for the night life more than the course then you may want to try looking at Leeds or Sheffield.
I spent my first year living at Laisteridge Lane with www.universalstudentliving.com I paid £55 a week for a cosy little room with a double bed and shared bathroom. Highly recommended, the uni owned digs are outrageously overpriced.

Hi Adie,

I know its a little while ago, however I would really appreciate any tips you may have for the interview please? what was it like? I have an interview in a few weeks, really nervous.

Many thanks,

Nosha
Original post by Nosha
Hi Adie,

I know its a little while ago, however I would really appreciate any tips you may have for the interview please? what was it like? I have an interview in a few weeks, really nervous.

Many thanks,

Nosha

last year there were a mini-interview with 4 people, group task exercise and math @ english assessment
Reply 2490
Hi Adie, hope this PM finds you great. I wanted to know about uni attendance and placement hours altogether, per week for Bsc Radiography.

Also, Diagnostic or Therapeutic? And expand on it ..plz
Looking to hear from you.
Cheers
(edited 7 years ago)
I was just wondering, but how long did anyone who applied to Portsmouth last year have to wait before they got an offer after the interview process?
I studied IT for 2 years in LSBU but didn't pass it then I stopped university and helped for family business. I decided to go back uni (I'm 30yr) but I'm not sure if I need to take access/foundation to qualify for radiography course. I have no sciences background - do you think I can still apply ??
No, as far as I know you will need a science background GCSEs in English, Maths and some Universities want science as well as an Access Course to Higher Education Diploma (Nursing ,Midwifery, and Allied Health Professions ).

Quick Reply

Latest