Ingenie Car Insurance

Watch
Walkaah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I always see people on here asking whether to go with Ingenie or not, here’s my view on this.

I am insured with Ingenie and have been for a year now, and I will NOT be renewing my policy.

Firstly, in case you didn’t know, Ingenie are an insurance company. One of their mandatory requirements mean you have to allow the company to install a black box in your vehicle. Ingenie will then monitor your speed, braking, acceleration and cornering.

They have a website and mobile app which updates every 10 days, this informs you how well you are driving (according to them). Ingenie use ‘Good’, ‘Okay’, ‘Needs Improvement’, ‘Unsafe’, ‘Dangerous’, and ‘Highly Dangerous’ messages as ways of informing you how you are driving.

Unlike many other insurance companies that have black box installments, Ingenie 100% monitor your driving. If you go over the speed limit, this will reflect in your driving feedback.

Why shouldn’t you choose Ingenie?

When I got the mandatory black box installed into my brand new car (which by the way I had to work hard to buy in the first place), it was installed in the glove box (passenger side). This was a few days after I bought the car. The engineer had the door wide open, with his tool box installing the black box, and left a deep scratch on my door. I noticed this just after he left, called Ingenie and informed them that he had scratched my door, and it was definitely the engineer as no one else had even sat in the passenger side since I bought the car. Ingenie stated that the engineer was one of their top engineers and ‘assured’ me that it would not have been him that scratched my car.

My advice is to choose another insurance company, simply because if Ingenie refuse to simply fix a scratch on my car door, then god knows what they’d be like dealing with other situations that could occur…
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads