rohan_100
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a resit in industrial organisation. Gonna be avoiding the calculations and focus on essays as i cant perform consistently on exam days with my calculations due to nerves. There aren't any past papers for industrial organisation as the uni only recently this year made it into an exam format. So what would be the best way to focus on the most appropriate content to learn based on zero past papers exceptttt the one i did in may...?
And what format is the best to approach an essay in university examinations as in the layout of my structured answer.
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rohan_100)
I have a resit in industrial organisation. Gonna be avoiding the calculations and focus on essays as i cant perform consistently on exam days with my calculations due to nerves. There aren't any past papers for industrial organisation as the uni only recently this year made it into an exam format. So what would be the best way to focus on the most appropriate content to learn based on zero past papers exceptttt the one i did in may...?
And what format is the best to approach an essay in university examinations as in the layout of my structured answer.
What course are you currently studying and what exam are you having to re sit? With this information I can contact the Faculty's Student Support Services and see if there is any information or support available. I can also do a bit of research myself and see what I come up with
rohan_100
Rep:
I am studying economics and i am resitting industrial organisation from second year. I decided to focus my revision on topics monopoly, olivopoly, collussion and market power and market concentration. Tht way i will have all the essays covered for whatevee comes up.
i believe that for monopoly to know monopoloy and perfect competition diagram is beneficial in interpreting. For oligopoly to know assumptions of cournot and bertrant model is important. For market power and conc to know lerner index,herfindahl and price cost margin is very important too. Also to mention collusion in with market power and conc is a good argument to make. As for collusion im going tocover that topic today.
rohan_100
Rep:
As for exam prep based on only one past paper i am quite iffy with what the format of questions may come up as i have no past papers to focus revision on. My lecturer said to make questions up of what i think may come up but the only downside is incsse i come up with questions which dont come up 😕
University of Bradford
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for getting back to me with this information. To be honest it looks like you're spot on in terms of preparing for the exam! I'll contact the Faculty now and see if they have an additional advice or support available. Once I hear back I'll be in touch
rohan_100
Rep:
Yes thats brilliant. If you could please clarify my revision is perfect in terms of the exam i would really appreciate it.
rohan_100
Rep:
Hello, in regards to my industrial organisation resit did you manage to find out anything else possibly?
Also i wanted to ask what is the best format to tackle these essays in the examination, so the structure of my essays?
University of Bradford
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hello, in regards to my industrial organisation resit did you manage to find out anything else possibly?
Also i wanted to ask what is the best format to tackle these essays in the examination, so the structure of my essays?
On Friday I emailed a lady called Helen Roberts who works within our Faculty of Social Sciences, Student Support Services. Helen specifically deals with current Economic students and as a result would be the best person to ask. Unfortunately I've not had a reply from her yet. You're more than welcome to contact her directly on [email protected]. If I hear anything in the meantime I'll get in touch
University of Bradford
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
If you can please PM with your UB number and full name I can provide you with the necessary information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads