The Student Room Group

Taking an AS subject along side 3 A2 subjects

Hello so I’m currently taking History, English Literature, Media Studies and ICT BTEC. I’m gonna wait till results day to make my final decision but I really want to drop ICT I never wanted to do it in the first place I got pressured into doing it by my IT teacher and parents back in year 11. Instead of ICT I wanted to do Government and Politics or English Language.

So the problem I’m having now is I don’t know whether it would be worth dropping ICT and just carrying on with 3 subjects or picking either Government and Politics or English Language, or just carrying on with ICT along with my other subjects and just bear it for one more year.

Also I’ve heard there are going to be some changes to A-Levels so by September if I was to start a new AS would I able to do the exam next June?
Reply 1
Original post by jojo10834
Hello so I’m currently taking History, English Literature, Media Studies and ICT BTEC. I’m gonna wait till results day to make my final decision but I really want to drop ICT I never wanted to do it in the first place I got pressured into doing it by my IT teacher and parents back in year 11. Instead of ICT I wanted to do Government and Politics or English Language.

So the problem I’m having now is I don’t know whether it would be worth dropping ICT and just carrying on with 3 subjects or picking either Government and Politics or English Language, or just carrying on with ICT along with my other subjects and just bear it for one more year.

Also I’ve heard there are going to be some changes to A-Levels so by September if I was to start a new AS would I able to do the exam next June?

Depends on what your Uni course/job needs. It's good that the AS is related to your other subjects, but it's still a big ask to start learning a whole new syllabus plus three a levels. I retook AS of one of my subjects, plus the three A2's, and that was hard enough!

Talk to your teachers/people who have taken it to see what they think as well...

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by bnkl1210
Depends on what your Uni course/job needs. It's good that the AS is related to your other subjects, but it's still a big ask to start learning a whole new syllabus plus three a levels. I retook AS of one of my subjects, plus the three A2's, and that was hard enough!

Talk to your teachers/people who have taken it to see what they think as well...

Good luck!

Thank you! :smile: I’m hoping to do History at Uni or possibly History along with English Literature

Quick Reply

Latest