Feminists want kangaroo courts to circumvent judiciary Watch

#Ridwan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Great article about how authoritarian feminists have successfully undermined the justice system in the US and are now seeking to do so here.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...travesty/17245
flamboy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
feminists are not fans of the "innocent until proven guilty" and "right to a fair trial" principles - that's why they want a non-substantively/procedurally fair body to deal with these cases.
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Feminism... Totally about equality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:yawn: change the record
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Once again feminists exposing their belligerent arbitrary ways.
Drunken Bard
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Feminism = Female Fascism

They are literally taking away peoples right's to a free trial.
#Ridwan
Rep:
?
I notice TSR's resident feminists ignore any thread that exposes them for the authoritarians they are.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by #Ridwan)
I notice TSR's resident feminists ignore any thread that exposes them for the authoritarians they are.
Well given you've linked to an opinion piece attacking another opinion piece arguing for something that there's no appetite for in most feminist circles, especially not the feminists on TSR - I'll repeat my earlier response

:yawn: change the record - stop acting like opinion piece writers in clickbait newspaper articles represent feminists in any way.
#Ridwan
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Well given you've linked to an opinion piece attacking another opinion piece arguing for something that there's no appetite for in most feminist circles, especially not the feminists on TSR - I'll repeat my earlier response

:yawn: change the record - stop acting like opinion piece writers in clickbait newspaper articles represent feminists in any way.

A complete misrepresentation of the situation. You may claim that there is no appetite for this but these kangaroo courts already exist in many US universities. See the Occidental College case, in which a man who was demonstrated to be innocent was removed from the college by some unbelievably extreme feminists on a witch-hunt.

Just because you may not agree with this doesn't mean other feminists - and I don't just mean campaigners here but academics in universities with the power to make decisions that change the lives of others - don't.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A complete misrepresentation of the situation. You may claim that there is no appetite for this but these kangaroo courts already exist in many US universities. See the Occidental College case, in which a man who was demonstrated to be innocent was removed from the college by some unbelievably extreme feminists on a witch-hunt.

Just because you may not agree with this doesn't mean other feminists - and I don't just mean campaigners here but academics in universities with the power to make decisions that change the lives of others - don't.
:yawn:

You aren't interested in debating this. You just want to smear feminists with the actions of a small group of people in another country.

Your second para shows a complete misunderstanding of universities organisation and power structures in the UK. Disciplinary policy and committees aren't run by academics. This situation isn't going to happen in the UK. You're scare mongering.

Change the record or go and post on a US college centric forum where this may actually be an issue.
#Ridwan
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
:yawn:

You aren't interested in debating this. You just want to smear feminists with the actions of a small group of people in another country.

Your second para shows a complete misunderstanding of universities organisation and power structures in the UK. Disciplinary policy and committees aren't run by academics. This situation isn't going to happen in the UK. You're scare mongering.

Change the record or go and post on a US college centric forum where this may actually be an issue.

Well just because they aren't run by academics doesn't mean that academics have no input. Don't forget feminist activists on campuses, many of whom are very extreme - see Tim Stanley and Brendan O'Neill having a debate on abortion at Oxford uni cancelled because of protests by extreme feminists.

You like to pretend that the real face of feminism is moderate, but time and time again on campuses we see extreme feminists either making terrible authoritarian decisions or influencing high level decision making. Of course, any attempt to point this out is labelled as a "smear" by you and the other pseudo-moderates on this forum.

Student unions in the UK are full of extreme feminists, who engage in all sorts of crypto-compassionate insanity ranging from banning Blurred Lines, to banning debates that question feminist critiques. They even ban radical feminists such as Julie Bindel - not only do they enforce extreme feminism but seek to censor other factions of the feminist movement.

Stop seeking to establish your personal brand of feminism as the dominant norm. You have no power and influence - the people I'm talking about do and stopping them matters a hell of a lot more than whether my posts upset you or not.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well just because they aren't run by academics doesn't mean that academics have no input. Don't forget feminist activists on campuses, many of whom are very extreme - see Tim Stanley and Brendan O'Neill having a debate on abortion at Oxford uni cancelled because of protests by extreme feminists.

You like to pretend that the real face of feminism is moderate, but time and time again on campuses we see extreme feminists either making terrible authoritarian decisions or influencing high level decision making. Of course, any attempt to point this out is labelled as a "smear" by you and the other pseudo-moderates on this forum.

Student unions in the UK are full of extreme feminists, who engage in all sorts of crypto-compassionate insanity ranging from banning Blurred Lines, to banning debates that question feminist critiques. They even ban radical feminists such as Julie Bindel - not only do they enforce extreme feminism but seek to censor other factions of the feminist movement.

Stop seeking to establish your personal brand of feminism as the dominant norm. You have no power and influence - the people I'm talking about do and stopping them matters a hell of a lot more than whether my posts upset you or not.
Your posts don't upset me. They bore me. There's absolutely no point engaging with you and wasting my time trying to convince you anything other than the feminist-bogeyman narrative is the reality in UK feminism. You aren't debating in good faith but are instead using D&CA to broadcast your opinions.

Don't act butthurt if noone will engage with you when you demonstrate enrenched views in your OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (162)
58.91%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
24%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.09%

Watched Threads