billynoyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Over the past year I've spent my time researching the combination of urban and luxury clothing, and how they are being put together to form a completely new market.

I feel that I have a pretty unique style in the fashion that I wear and feel as if I meet this new market quite well. I'm already in touch with a fashion designer who is able to do all of the measurements and flat patterns of the clothing, he also owns a studio and factory - Both of which I would be able to use if I was paying.

Currently I'm also working on the website to support all of the payments and to build the online store, as well working on illustrating my fashion ideas to present to the designer.

The only issue I'm having is funding, I've worked out the cost of producing the t-shirts with all of the details I think will make my company unique - The designer has offered these to come in at £9.95 for a minimum order of 10. My plan is to place this order of 10 to have as prototypes, however to continue and produce more garments I need to be able to have some sort of investment.

I'm age 17, if this would be needed to be known by an investor.

Any help or being able to put me onto the right people would be greatly appreciated. I might even hook you up with a few garments when they are produced.
billynoyes
Rep:
?
bump
N-R-G
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This sounds a lot cheaper http://www.buytshirtsonline.co.uk
billynoyes
Rep:
?
(Original post by N-R-G)
This sounds a lot cheaper http://www.buytshirtsonline.co.uk
I'm looking to actually design my own clothing though, so actually have a factory create a garment using material
N-R-G
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by billynoyes)
I'm looking to actual design my own clothing though, so actually have a factory create a garment using material
I see have you got a local small business advisor near you run by the government they can help you with finding grants and with networking etc.
billynoyes
Rep:
?
(Original post by N-R-G)
I see have you got a local small business advisor near you run by the government they can help you with finding grants and with networking etc.
The guy who owns the studio and factory said he can get me in touch with a government backed investor once the first prototypes have been made. I'm just looking to find other options as a potential different route.

One issue I keep finding is me being under 18. Thanks for the help though!
N-R-G
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The guy who owns the studio and factory said he can get me in touch with a government backed investor once the first prototypes have been made. I'm just looking to find other options as a potential different route.

One issue I keep finding is me being under 18. Thanks for the help though!
Have you thought of buying a sewing machine and becoming a fashion designer yourself?
billynoyes
Rep:
?
(Original post by N-R-G)
Have you thought of buying a sewing machine and becoming a fashion designer yourself?
Yeah I'm thinking about buying a sewing machine just to personalise my clothing, however to produce on a large scale in order to sell the items, it just isn't practical nor do I have the time to be custom making the clothing.

Also, I am the person designing the clothing - I produce the sketches which are then taken by the owner of the factory and he works out the measurements.
N-R-G
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I'm thinking about buying a sewing machine just to personalise my clothing, however to produce on a large scale in order to sell the items, it just isn't practical nor do I have the time to be custom making the clothing.

Also, I am the person designing the clothing - I produce the sketches which are then taken by the owner of the factory and he works out the measurements.
You could probably do about 20 a week which is enough to begin with.
Cherry Chantelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I'm interested in designing my own clothes and to subsequently open a boutique. Please can you give the designer contacts to me so I can contact him cheers.

About being 17, do you maybe wanna wait until you turn 18 and use this time to improve more on your craft?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (90)
37.97%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.55%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
24.05%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.66%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed