Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Is any one doing Global challenges unit 4, edexcel b this month? does anyone have any tips on the cross section questions. I will post my ideas later this evening.

Thanks Nish
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geog)
    Hi,

Is any one doing Global challenges unit 4, edexcel b this month? does anyone have any tips on the cross section questions. I will post my ideas later this evening.

Thanks Nish
    I always get my students to look at those cross modular questions (section C) by setting up a planning grid with Physical and Human on the side and Social, Economic and Environmental along the top and getting them to look at the title trying to put ideas in those boxes to help them plan a good coverage - of course if you add in LEDC and MEDC variations as well it can add to the complexity but its a start anyway...!

ReputationRep:
    yeh im doin it aswell - unfortunately we havent really been given any tips

althou i do like ur suggestion geogger- wud we have enuff time in the exam 2 do dat? personally i am alwyz stretched for time in every geog exam!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jag_jatt)
    yeh im doin it aswell - unfortunately we havent really been given any tips

althou i do like ur suggestion geogger- wud we have enuff time in the exam 2 do dat? personally i am alwyz stretched for time in every geog exam!
    I would just draw up a 3x2 grid with say 4 lines in each square and try to think of 4 key words to put in each one! That's a start ... then you can get on to planning in whatever way you find helpful (spider diagrams, bullet points then re-numbered etc) but at least the grid reminds you to be cross modular - the key to a good answer and getting more marks!

ReputationRep:
    The grid is a good idea. Sustainability is evidently important in the cross section unit, what other topics are useful to revise?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.