ReeceBerini
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
With adjustment there are a couple of things to watch out for

First as the previous post suggests - ask about accommodation. You'll have a very different experience at any of these universities if you have to find private accommodation between now and the start of the course and live outside halls.

Secondly (and most importantly) be VERY clear with these universities that you have not accepted their offers YET and are still exploring your options.

When adjustment opens and you hit the button on Track on the 13th you don't submit your application to your chosen university (like in Clearing) instead ANY university that you've spoken to that believe you've accepted an offer can go in and pick you up...so there is a risk if you've been speaking to multiple universities that one of them could misunderstand that you were asking for an offer and not accepting an offer and could go in and fish you out of adjustment.

Basically with all of them if they make you an offer thank them politely and explain that you will contact them on the 13th when you're in adjustment and would like them to formalise your place.
Okay that sounds reasonable, I have been exploring the accommodation that will be available even though I have started the adjustment process. As the OP has said which I myself have indeed noticed, Bristols accommodation due to the date isn't looking all the great unless I spend £££ where as with York they seem a lot more flexible with accommodation so as of the moment I am favouring York for accommodation but Bristol does seem to have more recognition regarding their Law degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads