Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[AQA] Business Studies watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right, Im having trouble understanding how to answer the exam questions (12-20 mark ones)

Theres 4 main stages, content, application, analysis and evaluation.

Now content marks come from explaining what things are, eg definitions correct?

Application comes from saying what the business could do with the content you have given, applying the content to the case. correct still?

Now, analysis, is this where youve, defined business terms, applied to relevent peices of the case study and now go deeper into the topic by talking about limitations, advantages, implications etc ?

Then to end your discussion you have to evaluate, here I am unaware with how to go about it (if so far im correct in what ive said) do I need to give MY opinions with thinks like "I think......is the best choice......because...." and bring in analysis I have talking about?

I really dont understand how to actually answer the exam questions I know all about the topics but never seem to do well in the exam??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sang)
    Right, Im having trouble understanding how to answer the exam questions (12-20 mark ones)

Theres 4 main stages, content, application, analysis and evaluation.

Now content marks come from explaining what things are, eg definitions correct?

Application comes from saying what the business could do with the content you have given, applying the content to the case. correct still?

Now, analysis, is this where youve, defined business terms, applied to relevent peices of the case study and now go deeper into the topic by talking about limitations, advantages, implications etc ?

Then to end your discussion you have to evaluate, here I am unaware with how to go about it (if so far im correct in what ive said) do I need to give MY opinions with thinks like "I think......is the best choice......because...." and bring in analysis I have talking about?

I really dont understand how to actually answer the exam questions I know all about the topics but never seem to do well in the exam??
    Evaluation is trying to conclude your arguments.

ReputationRep:
    *bump* this post up cause I have the same problem :P

ReputationRep:
    The important thing to remember with this is;

* Content - Describing the pragmatic's of the situation without relation to the case study. Describing a key term.
    * Application - Turning that content into application to the case study.
    * Analysis - Delving further into the situation by talking about implications.
    * Evaluation - Giving a balanced and justified conclusion with great relation to the case study. Also talk about what your answer depends on.. (what type of market they are in, whether their product is inferior or not etc)

TBH, you will find that you naturally analyse a situation without even realising most of the time. May I recommend a Phillip Allan Updates book where everything is explained much better!

ReputationRep:
    My Phillip Allan Updates book doesn't offer much help in answering exam questions, its the AS/A Level Examination Revision 2nd Edition, which one are you referring to?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.