Revision Help Watch

Kouichi_Misaki
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi
i'm new to the student room and I am going to start my GCSEs this September. The subjects I am taking are: English, Maths, Literature, Core Science, Psychology, History, Urdu and Resistant Materials. Please could you guys give me some study tips for those subjects. Thanks.
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kouichi_Misaki)
Hi
i'm new to the student room and I am going to start my GCSEs this September. The subjects I am taking are: English, Maths, Literature, Core Science, Psychology, History, Urdu and Resistant Materials. Please could you guys give me some study tips for those subjects. Thanks.
Hi,

I'm not familiar with a lot of the subjects you'll be doing, but here are some general study tips:

- For each subject, get a copy of the specification, so that you can tick off each topic as you learn it - this is especially useful for science where there are lots of different concepts to learn.
- Make revision notes as you are going along and update them regularly, in whatever format you like best, e.g. mind maps, flow charts, bullet points etc. I've just finished my A Levels and I personally like to type up notes for each subject in Word documents, so that I don't need to flip through lots of books and folders trying to find information when revising.
- Stay on top of your work and try not to let it pile up as it can get overwhelming fairly easily.

Also, if you find maths difficult (or just want to boost your grade), I would definitely recommend getting a MathsWatch CD, if your school offers them. You can choose the one to best suit your target grade (foundation C - G or higher A* - D), or get the foundation and higher one which covers grade A* to G grade topics. I found this CD incredibly useful as you get shown how to work out problems for each topic, and then get given practice questions along with the answers to check your understanding.

I hope you find these helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.48%

Watched Threads