This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
woohoo, finally finished college and have spent all afternoon sunbathing in the garden (i have lovely tan marks).

has everyone broken up now or are people still slaving away in hot stuffy classes while we're wandering around wearing as a little as possible eating ice cream? (think of all the fun that can be had)

happy summer!!! remember to have sex, get drunk, get high + get brown (preferably all at the same time).

lou xxx
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Getting drunk, high and having sex at the same time???

I'll try anything twice!!!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Originally posted by Leekey
Getting drunk, high and having sex at the same time???

I'll try anything twice!!!
u missed out getting brown...that's what makes summer so special, u couldn't do that at any other time of year...unless you had sex on a sunbed possibly....
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Spending next week in Sweden and the 2 weeks after that in Greece......if I fail to get brown then I deserve to be shot (repeatedly).
Jim Hull
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
well u r very lucky! I dont break up until next friday!!!!! I have another whole week of college left
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Jim Hull
well u r very lucky! I dont break up until next friday!!!!! I have another whole week of college left
Yes...I also don't break up till next week...finish on thursday...ah well only *counts on fingers* 5 1/2 days of school left...then freedom! hurrah!
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You are all lucky! I've still got 6 weeks and 3 days left of working fulltime at Tesco, and I hate it!
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes...but atleast you're getting payed for it

Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i spent a week in gran canaria and didnt get brown at all! oh well 2 weeks in greece should kick start it! im not in on getting high, but the rest sounds like a damn good time!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm doing work experinece in an office in the south of france, for the first 2 weeks of the holidays (finish this friday), and its really boring, and the worst thing is looking outside and seeing the gorgeous weather (over 35 degrees celsius). Then, when I finnish work exeprience, I spend a couple of days here in france with my family, then I'm going on a crusie with my family, then I come back to france with yup you guessed it my family. Basically my holiday sucks, cause though I'm going nice places, I've got nothing to do, and my family are getting on my nerves, as they don't give me any space/freedom.

phil
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Dam
You are all lucky! I've still got 6 weeks and 3 days left of working fulltime at Tesco, and I hate it!
Can I have your job then? Pretty please.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
are jobs in tesco hard to come by? at sainsburis down here they were offering a £100 starting bonus. they're desperate!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Originally posted by lou p lou
remember to have sex, get drunk, get high + get brown (preferably all at the same time).
just keeping you all updated...it's only *counts on fingers* 2 days into the holiday + i managed half of my list, but i not telling you which 2...
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
are jobs in tesco hard to come by? at sainsburis down here they were offering a £100 starting bonus. they're desperate!
Not really, no. In fact someone told me that tesco was the least selective when it comes to staff of all the big supermarkets.

Although they have just laid loads of people off, but oddly enough they have kept me on despite the fact I am leaving to go to uni (well hopefully) in just six weeks. Must be because I am the only idiot willing to work full time.

A word of advice for anyone wanting this kind of work, go for part time, or up to 25 hours max. That means no (or minimal) tax, and probably no unpaid lunch breaks. I am at work double the number of hours some part-timers are, for less than £40 a week more.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh and a_musical_gal, you can have my job with pleasure if you can get to nottingham every day!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm just waiting for the basketball season to start again; then my money starts rolling in.

£18.50 plus travel per match for operating the scoreboard... who ever thought that adding 1's, 2's and 3's together would be so financially rewarding.

Sheffield is a hot bed of basketball, Westfield Sheffield Sharks, City of Sheffield Arrows, Sheffield Hallam Sabres, University of Sheffield Arrows all in Men's BBL and National League, along side Sheffield Hatters, and Hallam Hatters in the Womens National League... throw in some BUSA matches, and it saves me working behind the Union Bar !

In the meantime I'm broke ! I've just forked out £250 in exchange for US $ for ma holiday in Florida in 4 weeks time
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
family or friends holiday? on a friends holiday ill spend bout £250, on a family ill spend bout 50!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That sounds like a well good job. Enjoy your holiday, where abouts ya going in florida?

Phil
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Family holiday, majority of the tickets have been paid for, five of us. The money will be useful just to save my dad from buying absolutely everything else over there (bearing in mind he is solely responsible for what ever Student Support Direct assess him as obligued to pay).

We're going to Kissimee, in a private villa with pool, just off the US 192 / US 27, about 20 minutes from LBV and Universal / Sea World areas.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I to florida a coupla times, and went to disney land (obviously) when I was young, and also went to this little island called Captiva, just of Sannibel, which was really nice and peaceful.

Phil
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (309)
34.45%
No (588)
65.55%

Watched Threads