The Student Room Group

Wanting to study in the UK

Hi! I'm a high school student in the US wanting to study in the UK, but I've got no idea what sort of program that I would need to be a part of in order to do so. Is there anyone that is informed on this topic that would be able to shed some light on it? It would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Some British universities will accept SATs, but many want you to do IB. So if you don't do IB then you might want to try applying for an American university that has a study abroad programme in the UK.
I don't know about US->UK but Sutton Trust can help find you a scholarship for UK->US, so they might be able to do something for you if you don't want to go to an American university first.
Reply 2
Original post by not you
Some British universities will accept SATs, but many want you to do IB. So if you don't do IB then you might want to try applying for an American university that has a study abroad programme in the UK.
I don't know about US->UK but Sutton Trust can help find you a scholarship for UK->US, so they might be able to do something for you if you don't want to go to an American university first.

Do you have any idea what type of scholarships I would have to have/qualify for? It's too late for me to take any IB classes really, since I'm a junior and therefore can't complete the IB Diploma, although I could take some IB classes in my senior year. Also, where exactly would I find information on Sutton Trust that would talk about the scholarships?
Reply 3
Original post by HeyItsBray
Do you have any idea what type of scholarships I would have to have/qualify for? It's too late for me to take any IB classes really, since I'm a junior and therefore can't complete the IB Diploma, although I could take some IB classes in my senior year. Also, where exactly would I find information on Sutton Trust that would talk about the scholarships?

This has a good list of some scholarships available for US students, but to be honest you're best off talking to someone at your school like a careers advisor, since even if they don't know, they have access to resources that we don't so they can get you good info.

http://www.educationuk.org/usa/articles/scholarships-financial-support/#scholarships
Reply 4
Original post by not you
This has a good list of some scholarships available for US students, but to be honest you're best off talking to someone at your school like a careers advisor, since even if they don't know, they have access to resources that we don't so they can get you good info.

http://www.educationuk.org/usa/articles/scholarships-financial-support/#scholarships

Alright, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest