What if my actual results are worse than my mocks?

Watch this thread
Thesockmonster2
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I did really well in my mocks, getting 4 A*s, 2 Bs and the rest being As. I got them because we had all our mock exams really close together and I basically spent the whole 2 weeks off YouTube and Steam so I could spend the night before each exam going through the revision guide for that exam. I sort of did that for my actual exams but they were further apart and I don't feel like I put myself under the same amount of stress due to the sense of security my mocks gave me. I spent half my time revising and the rest binge watching Once Apon A Time and Community on Netflix. I went into each exam with confidence and didn't feel very out of my depth in any of them but I do worry that I've wasted potential a bit. Anyone here done a similar thing and how did your results turn out in the end?
username1238259
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
If your results are lower than predicted grades/mocks then you're likely to be reject by your choice sixth form depending on the competition/course/school/requirement
Detiri17
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It'll be fine, you'll still get into your chosen college, they're not hard to get into, at least shouldn't be for you from the sounds of your mocks
Thesockmonster2
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Mr...)
If your results are lower than predicted grades/mocks then you're likely to be reject by your choice sixth form depending on the competition/course/school/requirement
Im staying on at the same sixth form as my high school. They like me so I should be allowed in with any results within reason, I'm just more scared of disappointing myself.
FusionNetworks
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Glorious Fellow PCMR brother, I am sure you have done fantastic if you've got those grades in mock, stop worrying! In the meantime relax and pray to our Lord and Saviour Gabe, that we get good grades.
tryrevise
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have the same worry. I did work harder for my real exams but I still am worried my mock results will have been better, which would be so frustrating! We've just got to wait it out I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Windies
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I did my 1st year AS exams and smashed my mocks comfortably but under real exam-pressure, something which you cannot replicate in mocks/practice I'd say I slightly underperformed. But then again most people would marginally dip under exam-pressure. Hopefully we're all fine
Edosawr
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
There's little point in worrying about it. If I were in your place, I'd worry slightly maybe for a few days. I just got over my exam worry. It took about a week of saying to myself: "it'll be all okay, no one will judge you."

Literally, if you do worse than your mocks, I think you will be the only one that's disappointed (you shouldn't be though). If you're worried about people judging (I usually am), teachers and students won't remember what you got for your mocks, so you're fine.

And finally, if you feel you've wasted potential, it's great you've realised now. GCSEs compared to A levels aren't that important - but still important of course. It's good that you've realised you may need to work harder or differently to make yourself feel better.

It's your life, take control of it and make sure you will be happy with the outcomes.
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Thesockmonster2)
I did really well in my mocks, getting 4 A*s, 2 Bs and the rest being As. I got them because we had all our mock exams really close together and I basically spent the whole 2 weeks off YouTube and Steam so I could spend the night before each exam going through the revision guide for that exam. I sort of did that for my actual exams but they were further apart and I don't feel like I put myself under the same amount of stress due to the sense of security my mocks gave me. I spent half my time revising and the rest binge watching Once Apon A Time and Community on Netflix. I went into each exam with confidence and didn't feel very out of my depth in any of them but I do worry that I've wasted potential a bit. Anyone here done a similar thing and how did your results turn out in the end?
Yes oh my word.

We're basically siblings now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (18)
26.47%
The paper was reasonable (30)
44.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (14)
20.59%
It was TERRIBLE (6)
8.82%

Watched Threads