The Student Room Group

Don't know whether or not to apply for college.

Currently, the only place that I've applied to go to for sixth form in September is the school I just left year 11 at. I've applied for Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Government & Politics, with the intention of doing Medicine at university. I can go as long as I get an A in Maths, a B in Additional Science, and a B in English Language at GCSE. I'm probably going to get all of those grades, although recently I've been thinking about doing a filming-based media course at a college a couple of buses away from me. I really enjoy filming and editing, and medicine costs quite a lot if you consider how long you need to study.

I currently don't know which one I'd like to do, and would like your opinions. The college website says that I can apply until the course starts, although realistically I'd need to apply within the next to weeks because if I decide I want to go, I need to be able to tell my current school that I'm not returning on results day (20th August).

Thanks in advance!
Well my general policy when picking a college was apply to 3-5, that may seem excess but I live in a part of London where EVERYWHERE is in reach, I'm Central-East so getting to East, North and even South are close and easy so that was my crazy policy.

I think you should apply ASAP to anywhere you still can, theres still "some" time to think over your choices, and you can start research right now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest