The Student Room Group

How old were you when you first got drunk?

Scroll to see replies

17! :biggrin:
First time I ever drank alcohol, like proper, was in July at the prom after party. Never got drunk.
Reply 42
Original post by Proxenus
Never been drunk. Good or bad?

I would never say it's a bad thing, because some people can't drink alcohol due to medical conditions (my friend has schizophrenia and can't drink) and some of my cousins don't drink due to weight issues/work. What annoys me is that if I go out with non-drinking friends they get made fun of for having a cranberry juice or water..
Original post by ChickenMadness
year 10. idk what age that was.

Well you're on TSR, so if you tell us how many years you were held back someone should be able to work out how old you were in year 10 :yy:

Original post by Precious Illusions
Same here, first time I got drunk was on rum. Can't stand the stuff now. Like white wine and rosè but can't stand red wine. I don't like the whole room temp thing. Warm alcohol :no:

Anyone who still likes the first drink they got drunk on is literally a robot.
15 at a friends bday sleepover.

I wish mine had been at a sleepover. It was at a massive party I went to and I spent most of the night holding back a friend's hair :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by picklescamp
I cba to try it. It's an expensive habit to maintain, I'm happy with my ciders :biggrin:Posted from TSR Mobile
Wine is not really expensive unless you want it to be.
Original post by .A_C.
I would never say it's a bad thing, because some people can't drink alcohol due to medical conditions (my friend has schizophrenia and can't drink) and some of my cousins don't drink due to weight issues/work. What annoys me is that if I go out with non-drinking friends they get made fun of for having a cranberry juice or water..

I do drink (only for social events) but not to the point I get drunk. I do find the taste if alcohol disgusting though but beer is worst.
Original post by picklescamp
I wish mine had been at a sleepover. It was at a massive party I went to and I spent most of the night holding back a friend's hair :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhh that sounds awful. Mine was quite nice and chilled. Was just 4 of us, though the bday girl was up all night puking :lol:

Original post by SmashConcept

True. That's the only time I got drunk on rum I think actually.
Reply 48
True. That's the only time I got drunk on rum I think actually.

I pretty much retch if I smell Strongbow or Fosters and would probably throw up if I actually drank it.

So I can't ever drink just standard beer from a pub ever again.

I think you may be talking rubbish.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
So I can't ever drink just standard beer from a pub ever again.

I think you may be talking rubbish.

You got drunk on all the beers they sold at the same time? That's good hustle.
I pretty much retch if I smell Strongbow or Fosters and would probably throw up if I actually drank it.

Never been a fan of Strongbow, though the dark fruits one is quite nice. And fosters is aight.
You got drunk on all the beers they sold at the same time? That's good hustle.

I'll let you in on a secret. They all taste very similar and produced the desired effect. Beer is beer and it's generally about finding the least vile tasting one as apposed to finding the nicest lol :dontknow:

I will always have an affection for hobgoblin though :moon: (that was the stuff I first drank) It has a goblin with an axe on the bottle you see :fyi:

I don;t just drink that but I don;t see why I would decide to not drink it at all.
(edited 8 years ago)
Never been a fan of Strongbow, though the dark fruits one is quite nice. And fosters is aight.

I've never tried it, it wasn't around the one time I thought it was OK to drink Strongbow. I'm not that big on cider though. I like Carlsberg to drink normally, Coors Light to play drinking games (back when I was cool at least), and vodka. Lately I've been drinking wine and wondering why I keep getting headaches fml
At a wedding i was handed many glasses of wine and champagne by my fanatical auntie, i was probably slightly drunk ..... I was told i need to keep up with the family tradition.

Lemonade has a strange effect on me, at a restaurant aged 9 or 10 i drank at least 3 pints, i danced and skipped all the way home, fairly strange as i'm not usually one to behave in that manner...

This is why i usually stick to the H2O.....:wink:
Original post by pinkteddyx64
17! :biggrin:

Very proud! :biggrin: :wink:
15 in one of the poshest pubs in Marylebone bizarrely. Had 5 pints and was out of the game. Never looked back :wink:
Original post by REMLewis
Very proud! :biggrin: :wink:

I've increased your reputation points! :wink: :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest