The Student Room Group

Ladies: Would you date a 25/26 year old virgin?

To keep things short...

Due to social anxiety and no genuine interest in women until lately I haven't dated. Furthermore, I have never been kissed and am still a virgin as the title of this query declares.

Since I will be very busy in the next three years (professionally and academically) I don't think that I will date nor have sexual intercourse, henceforth I was wondering if women would view an individual like me as datable.

Almost all my life I have been telling myself that I am better off alone but as I become older I realise that I need someone in my life to talk to etc. I am so lonely :colondollar:!

Sex is not important to me...I can wait, however as I have said above it would be nice to be involved in a loving relationship.

At any rate, would a 26 year old virgin who has never dated before turn you off?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Due to social anxiety and no genuine interest in women until lately I haven't dated.

You could look like a tin of beans for all we know.
Reply 2
Yes I would date someone who was a virgin at that age. I wouldn't see someone who has no sexual experience as a bad thing, they will have their reasons. So their lack of experience wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes I would still date them, it wouldn't put me off at all :smile:
That wouldn't matter to me at all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yes. I would love to date a virgin because then I can teach him new things and I think sex is fun when the couple giggle and explore new things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a 20 year old girl and everything you said can be applied to me. So yeah, I would :smile: In fact it would be a plus.
You don't have to tell the girl if you don't want to. Sex is quite easy, just stick it in and out. Done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, it wouldn't bother me :smile: don't worry.
Original post by yabbayabba
You don't have to tell the girl if you don't want to. Sex is quite easy, just stick it in and out. Done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its sort of funny the way you said it.
Original post by Kadak
Its sort of funny the way you said it.

Well it's true. Well bad sex anyway. To be good at sex there's a lot more to it, but that's essentially it

Posted from TSR Mobile
To keep things short...

Due to social anxiety and no genuine interest in women until lately I haven't dated. Furthermore, I have never been kissed and am still a virgin as the title of this query declares.

Since I will be very busy in the next three years (professionally and academically) I don't think that I will date nor have sexual intercourse, henceforth I was wondering if women would view an individual like me as datable.

Almost all my life I have been telling myself that I am better off alone but as I become older I realise that I need someone in my life to talk to etc. I am so lonely :colondollar:!

Sex is not important to me...I can wait, however as I have said above it would be nice to be involved in a loving relationship.

At any rate, would a 26 year old virgin who has never dated before turn you off?

Hey, if you tell people that you are saving yourself for marriage you'll look respectful. Don't give the back story, it puts people off! Keep smiling you'll find that girl one day!

Sarah :smile:
Original post by Sarah_here123
Hey, if you tell people that you are saving yourself for marriage you'll look respectful.

Nah you'll look like a moron, more like.

OP, I doubt it'd be a real problem. You had anxiety problems and no interest, what could ya do eh?
I almost did last year. The only thing that stopped me from making a proper relationship out of it was my feeling obliged to take care of my nephew when his mum's maternity leave ended. Whether a guy is a virgin or not doesn't matter. Although, if he is a virgin I get to teach him the way I like things. :grin:
To keep things short...

No not a turn off quite cute actually because it's a rarity.
Yeah why not, relationships are not always about sex to tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
To keep things short...

I would think it's a little strange, but it wouldn't make me not want to be with them.
If you are a nice guy then it would only be a turn on for me
Reply 18
OP, have you looked up asexuality? You might not be, but it sounds as if you might potentially be asexual. Have you felt romantically attracted to people before, but not sexually attracted? I'm assuming you've at least been romantically attracted because you've felt no interest "until lately", so there's got to be something there.

You might not be asexual, but it's possible! And I would say a virgin at that age wouldn't be a turn off for the many female asexuals out there, and a lot of other women would probably find it intriguing or cute that you have more interest in the relationship itself than the second that goes with it.
Thanks for all the replies, I have read them all...what a relief!

Quick Reply

Latest