The Student Room Group

bulimia

what's up folks?

lets cut to the chase shall we

i have bulimia. have i been diagnosed? no, but any fool could see it: patterns of uncontrollable eating, followed by guilt that manifests itself in the form of purging. i used to do this by vomiting(obviously) but after an overdose on meds, i dont think my heart can take it, so i started fasting. (disgustingly enough i very adamantly pray that i will become anorexic, because i used to be a few years ago, but after i moved across the globe to the middle east i got pretty stressed and i guess that made my methods of dealing with my depression bad?) anyway it wasnt just fasting, i also exercise compulsively. do i lose weight? no, but i do it anyway

anyway i want to be normal. im not overweight, im actually quite low on the weight spectrum-- BMI of 18.7, but obviously the number is climbing due to my binge/purge habits

does anyone else have this issue(or even BED if anyne has experience with that) and if so how did they deal with it?

PS: i would have gone to a therapist by now but i dont have access because i live in a family/country that does not believe eating disorders are an actual thing
Original post by Anonymous
what's up folks?

lets cut to the chase shall we

i have bulimia. have i been diagnosed? no, but any fool could see it: patterns of uncontrollable eating, followed by guilt that manifests itself in the form of purging. i used to do this by vomiting(obviously) but after an overdose on meds, i dont think my heart can take it, so i started fasting. (disgustingly enough i very adamantly pray that i will become anorexic, because i used to be a few years ago, but after i moved across the globe to the middle east i got pretty stressed and i guess that made my methods of dealing with my depression bad?) anyway it wasnt just fasting, i also exercise compulsively. do i lose weight? no, but i do it anyway

anyway i want to be normal. im not overweight, im actually quite low on the weight spectrum-- BMI of 18.7, but obviously the number is climbing due to my binge/purge habits

does anyone else have this issue(or even BED if anyne has experience with that) and if so how did they deal with it?

PS: i would have gone to a therapist by now but i dont have access because i live in a family/country that does not believe eating disorders are an actual thing

What country do you live in?
When I was 3 I was that underweight, the doctors told my mum I was going to die. She rushed straight into feeding me high fat foods out of panic. Chocolate, cake, biscuits etc. I was a healthy weight by 5, but after that, I'd got so used to junk food, I refused anything else. I was 2 stone overweight until year 6, when I started throwing my packed lunch away, skipping breakfast, and giving over half of my tea to our dog. By high school, I was 4 stone, and yes I wall bulimic.

In high school, the pressure is on to stay thin. So I stopped eating all together, and was going to the gym 7 days a week. I got thinner and thinner until my first boyfriend called me disgusting, and left me for a size 16 (us size 12/14). I then put on 2 stone and was a healthy size 6 ( I was a short ass).

By year 9, I cut the gym out completely, eating mainly crisps and energy drinks (for convenience) to slowly build up a small weight gain, getting me to a size 10.

In year 10, I still wanted to be curvier, like my plus sized best friend, who was gorgeous, but couldn't put any weight on.

I got weight gain shakes, lived of fast food and got the bus everywhere in stead of walking..... Now at 18 I am severely over weight.

The moral of the story is you will only gain weight and be healthy if YOU want to. Nothing is stopping you- its all psychological. Just don't rush because then you'll go to the opposite end of the spectrum. I had 12'' hips in year 7, I now have 56'' hips. I now need to risk dieting, trying not to go back to bulimia.

If I wasn't so obsessed with trying to fit in, I wouldn't be so fat now and so thin then. I need to be what's right for me....

you don't want to be bulimic, eat high fat foods in small amounts. Eggs, meat, fish....nuts (all good fats). Pasta, bread.

After 10 years of bulimia.....i have to be frank. It was attention seeking, i just didn't know it was back then. I thought i was ill, but nobody made me that way other than me....

if you want to be healthy....eat.
If you don't, don't. We can't make you.

I helped myself, so can you.

Quick Reply

Latest