The Student Room Group

Resit A2s 2016?

I know students siting a levels in 2016 would have had the ability to resist ASs, but can they retake A2s? Like in 2017?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by aubergine7
I know students siting a levels in 2016 would have had the ability to resist ASs, but can they retake A2s? Like in 2017?

Do you mean students starting their A-Levels in September 2016 or those taking their A2 exams in May/June 2016?
Reply 2
Original post by Neuth
Do you mean students starting their A-Levels in September 2016 or those taking their A2 exams in May/June 2016?

Those raking their A2s in 2016(:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Those raking their A2s in 2016(:

Due to the reforms, I'm not too sure how that would work, as all exams are taken at the end of the two years... I'm sure you'd still have the opportunity for resits of modules, though!
Reply 4
Original post by Neuth

When does the reform kick in?
Original post by xxvine
When does the reform kick in?

They come in for the year below us IIRC (so the guys who will be doing the new equivalent of AS when we are doing A2s)

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I had emailed the AQA exam board asking if I could sit resits during my gap year in 2017

'If you wish to resit your A-level exams you would be able to do this up until June 2017. However this is for re-sit candidates only as the AS and A-Level exams are officially in 2016. So to answer your query, you would be able to resit during your gap year in 2017 if you wish but should sit the A-level exams for the first time in 2016. So to answer your query, you would be able to resit during your gap year in 2017 if you wish but should sit the A-level exams for the first time in 2016. I hope this has answered your question fully. If you have any other queries, please feel free to email us again.Kindest regards,Beth Hayllor'

Sorry I don't know why the wording format changed half way but yea you can. However I'd still ask as this was two months ago.
Reply 7
Original post by Cherry82
When I had emailed the AQA exam board asking if I could sit resits during my gap year in 2017

'If you wish to resit your A-level exams you would be able to do this up until June 2017. However this is for re-sit candidates only as the AS and A-Level exams are officially in 2016. So to answer your query, you would be able to resit during your gap year in 2017 if you wish but should sit the A-level exams for the first time in 2016. So to answer your query, you would be able to resit during your gap year in 2017 if you wish but should sit the A-level exams for the first time in 2016. I hope this has answered your question fully. If you have any other queries, please feel free to email us again.Kindest regards,Beth Hayllor'

Sorry I don't know why the wording format changed half way but yea you can. However I'd still ask as this was two months ago.

so yes or no lol

that response was so confusing from AQA!
Original post by xxvine
so yes or no lol

that response was so confusing from AQA!

Lol someone asked if you could resit papers in 2017- AQA in conclusion said yes
that resits with happen in 2017 but only for those who sat their A2 courses in 2016. Then AS/A2 resits are happening next year, it says so on their official website.

Quick Reply

Latest