The Student Room Group

I just broke off my friendship with college mates. AMA

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would you rather have hands for legs or legs for hands?
Reply 2
Original post by magiixx
Would you rather have hands for legs or legs for hands?

Weird question... No.
Reply 3
ummm why?
Reply 4
Original post by BWV1007
Weird question... No.

I don't see how that's a weird question, but ok :smile:
What uni are you going to?
Reply 6
Original post by Tai Ga
ummm why?

A few months leading up to our A2 exams, I felt that I was ignored and treated indifferently. I wasn't sure why - I had not changed in the period of our friendship. I cried on the last day of our meeting at school although I knew we weren't going to be as close as before. Several weeks passed and in that period I tried inviting them out and stuff, none of them wanted to go out with me. When they decided to hang out one day they only told me in the afternoon on that day (when they had planned it a few days before)! They didn't even care to apologise so I declined. A few weeks later I told them I was leaving the group. Deleted 300+ photos of us on my phone.
Reply 7
Original post by Mesosleepy
What uni are you going to?

Hopefully Imperial for Chemistry if I make the grades.
Reply 8
Original post by BWV1007
Hopefully Imperial for Chemistry if I make the grades.

It's okay, you'll make friends at uni
Original post by BWV1007
:smile:

How does that even happen? Like "hey, it's not you it's me....".
Reply 10
Original post by somethingbeautiful
How does that even happen? Like "hey, it's not you it's me....".

Told them on our whatsapp group "sorry but I feel it's time for me to leave" and left the group.

Original post by Yuit
It's okay, you'll make friends at uni

Thanks. Hoping for that too! :tongue:
Reply 11
How many friends do you have left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Pulse.
How many friends do you have left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two. A girl and a boy.
Reply 13
Original post by BWV1007
A few months leading up to our A2 exams, I felt that I was ignored and treated indifferently. I wasn't sure why - I had not changed in the period of our friendship. I cried on the last day of our meeting at school although I knew we weren't going to be as close as before. Several weeks passed and in that period I tried inviting them out and stuff, none of them wanted to go out with me. When they decided to hang out one day they only told me in the afternoon on that day (when they had planned it a few days before)! They didn't even care to apologise so I declined. A few weeks later I told them I was leaving the group. Deleted 300+ photos of us on my phone.

Wow that's kind of ****ty :frown: Well hopefully uni will provide you with a fresh start. Wish u the best.
Reply 14
It would have happened anyway when you went to university.

Do you think this taught them something? Or do you think they are happy you left?
Original post by BWV1007

Why do you have 300+ photos? o_e
Reply 16
Original post by llys
It would have happened anyway when you went to university.

Do you think this taught them something? Or do you think they are happy you left?

If we were still friends, we'd meet up once in a while or go for a trip during the holidays...

Honestly I don't know and I don't care how they feel after I left. I've moved on a long time ago, I just made it official a day ago. But I can imagine them being indifferent about it.
Reply 17
Original post by Imperion
Why do you have 300+ photos? o_e

We hung out quite a lot so there's bound to be photos taken. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by BWV1007
If we were still friends, we'd meet up once in a while or go for a trip during the holidays...

Maybe. I think that only happens if you are really, really close friends. IME, once you make friends at uni, they become your present friends and your past friends become... the past. Good luck at uni though. :smile: Do you live in London or are you moving for university?
Original post by BWV1007
We hung out quite a lot so there's bound to be photos taken. :smile:

I spend almost every day of my life with this friend and tbh I don't have more than 20 pics and it's been 5 years since I've known her...

Quick Reply

Latest