Not too sure if I need to go Uni or not...

Watch this thread
LiamBaines
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I just did my first year of college doing L2 Professional Cookery, I'm going onto L3 Professional Cookery in September, I'm not too sure if there's like a L4 in Uni if so, would it be worth it or not? Uni seems fun but I'm not too sure if it's worth it as I want to be a chef....
SmaugTheTerrible
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LiamBaines)
I just did my first year of college doing L2 Professional Cookery, I'm going onto L3 Professional Cookery in September, I'm not too sure if there's like a L4 in Uni if so, would it be worth it or not? Uni seems fun but I'm not too sure if it's worth it as I want to be a chef....
If that's what you want to do, then no, you don't need to go to University. Experience is far more important than a piece of paper.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't think it was necessary but a degree could be handy if say you wanted to manage hotels and stuff along those lines in the future.
LiamBaines
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I don't even know if you can do a degree in professional cookery, would look good though
claireestelle
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LiamBaines)
I don't even know if you can do a degree in professional cookery, would look good though
The uni of west London does a degree called food and professional cookery so it does exist although there wont be many about.
http://www.uwl.ac.uk/course/food-and...ookery-3/33890
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Going to a culinary school and doing a level 4 Cordon Bleu Diploma sounds like it would be a better idea than university but it seems awfully expensive
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Well think about it if you go to uni and doman aprreat corse you could go from just cooking to managing a restrung or hotel do you see that in your future ? Is that something that intrests you ? Then go to uni f not don't simple as I mean uni is always there so if you are cooking one day and you think hmm I wan'the to manage my own restrunt you can always go and do uni then but a degree would look good on your CV mate
Roving Fish
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Moving this to the Career sectors and Employment forum.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
well yeah uni is fun your qualifications will get you a job if you want one now I agree a course in restaurant management or something while gaining experience in a local restaurant at weekends or days off would be good.

If however managing or running your own kitchen or restaurant has no interest for you don't do it easy no uni will always be there you don't have to do it now if you don't want too good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (147)
28.94%
It went fairly well (241)
47.44%
It didn't go too well (77)
15.16%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.46%

Watched Threads