The Student Room Group

The emerging Gay Muslim movement - UK

Question -

The emerging movement of gay Pakistani Muslims in the United Kingdom is a relatively new area. It it argued that the first generation of Pakistani's who immigrated to the UK have opposed it like its a disease. The second generation (like myself) tackled the oppression that took me through a number of ethical conflicts but come out for the better and the third generation appear to be more accepting and open. Discuss.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You basically have discussed what already was planned for discussion. Consequently there is no longer anything that needs discussing and therefore this discussion is over.
Any new wave of homosexual acceptance is good, especially if it comes from groups which previously were very against it.
Reply 3
Original post by Mactotaur
Any new wave of homosexual acceptance is good, especially if it comes from groups which previously were very against it.

no religiion allows homosexuality, so its not good.
Reply 4
Original post by Hachik0
You basically have discussed what already was planned for discussion. Consequently there is no longer anything that needs discussing and therefore this discussion is over.

Wrong answer -💅🏼
Original post by Salon
Wrong answer -💅🏼

That's subjective
Reply 6
Original post by wwelol

My religion says I was born like this. 👍🏽
Original post by wwelol

That's the point I'm making, which you seem to be missing. If religious groups which usually don't allow homosexuality are changing their views, however slightly, it is progress.
Original post by Salon

What's your religion?
Reply 9

Mactotaur- a very good start 👍🏽
Reply 10
What's your religion?

Islam🙏🏼
Reply 11
That's the point I'm making, which you seem to be missing. If religious groups which usually don't allow homosexuality are changing their views, however slightly, it is progress.

it not progress thoo from a religious point of view, they need to stick to there principles

people like to sex with animals, should religions allow that too ?
Reply 12

I am not missing no point - why does religion come into everything ?
Reply 13
Original post by Salon

you cant be born a homo
just like you cant be born a criminal, paedophile, murderer etc etc
society influenced you

what religion u follow
Reply 14
Original post by wwelol
it not progress thoo from a religious point of view, they need to stick to there principles

people like to sex with animals, should religions allow that too ?

that's awful. What a comparison.😰😂
Original post by Salon
why does religion come into everything ?

Much for the same reasons that Jimmy Savile did, I suspect: religions are power hungry and perverse.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
It is an interesting and progressive time where those who opposed equality for gay people, previously not supported by long history of collective and individual prejudice, are suddenly exposed and required to face up to their bigotry. To some extent I was there and I am glad I have changed and seen widspread change in society.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by wwelol
you cant be born a homo
just like you cant be born a criminal, paedophile, murderer etc etc
society influenced you

what religion u follow

Nobody influenced me brother. I was born like this. I have never been attracted to the opposite sex. You need to believe the voice of the person who is an expert in this field (me).
Reply 18
Original post by Zarek
It is an interesting and progressive time where those who opposed equality for gay people, previously supported by long history of collective and individual prejudice, are suddenly exposed and required to face up to their bigotry. To some extent I was there and I am glad I have changed and seen widspread change in society.

Thank you Zarek- interestingly view point. 👌🏼
Reply 19
Original post by Sir Candour
Much for the same reasons that Jimmy Savile did, I suspect: it is power hungry and perverse.

Jimmy Savile? Was he s Muslim gay Pakistani?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending