?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I think ancient history is pretty cool.
Shaistaaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ooo this is quite an interesting thing to think about! I have always been fascinated with the past and I just can't seem to pick one era.

1. The 90's- So colourful and the TV shows back then we're amazing

2. 1950s/1960s- Around the "Golden era" time

3. Ancient Egyptian times

There's so many era's that I can't seem to think of right now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
theZedmeister
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shaistaaa)
Ooo this is quite an interesting thing to think about! I have always been fascinated with the past and I just can't seem to pick one era.

2. 1950s/1960s- Around the "Golden era" time

3. Ancient Egyptian times

There's so many era's that I can't seem to think of right now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I agree with you on that one. I wish we learned more about other eras instead of the normal cold war etc. stuff at school.
Imperion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Roman era :ahee:
Shaistaaa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theZedmeister)
Yeah, I agree with you on that one. I wish we learned more about other eras instead of the normal cold war etc. stuff at school.
Yes I totally agree! I mean what they teach now is interesting and all and important but I feel like we are missing out on all the other amazing aspects of history and I wish we were taught other things too and I wish it was more balanced out if you know what I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
theZedmeister
Rep:
?
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It's such a shame we don't get to decide on what we learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A lot of ancient times, so the Roman, Greek and Egyptian one. And certain eras of Germany history.
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Inter-war Europe or Cold War America.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pulse.)
Inter-war Europe or Cold War America.
(...)
There are a lot inter-war europe eras in the past. Which of them do you like in particular? my personal favorite is the time period between 1918-1939, so the end of World War I and the beginning of World War II. It is also an interesting era, as you can see which factors have caused World War II and why Hitler came to power.
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
There are a lot inter-war europe eras in the past. Which of them do you like in particular? my personal favorite is the time period between 1918-1939, so the end of World War I and the beginning of World War II. It is also an interesting era, as you can see which factors have caused World War II and why Hitler came to power.
You are right, that is what I meant. I think this period really highlights the rivalry and competition between the different European powers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Munrot07
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Out of history the Aztec/Mayan/Inca time really interests me though I've not learnt as much about it as I would have liked.

Thought not strictly history I am a huge fan of prehistory. Absolutely love it but again, not strictly history...I just had to mention it :P
Withengar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Favorite historical era? The 2010's.

Go back further and your chances of a dying in warfare or by disease increase exponentially.
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
World War 2 imo, so much to read about and some of the propaganda films from the era are insane
theZedmeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by Withengar)
Favorite historical era? The 2010's.

Go back further and your chances of a dying in warfare or by disease increase exponentially.
Lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile
rachelthehuman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ooh, interesting question.
I have to say either Ancient Greek times (they fascinate me) or America in the 1920's (flappers, and prohibition, and the dawning of a technological age).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pulse.)
You are right, that is what I meant. I think this period really highlights the rivalry and competition between the different European powers.
the rivalries between the European powers which you are talking have rather competed in times of imperialism where the Europeans were struggling about colonies in Africa. What makes this period so interesting is the fact that this struggles were one of the reasons for World War I.
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shaistaaa)
With you on that one, I love anything 90s Always playing 90s music out of my car, whether it's the Hip Hop or House or Trance, it all sounds amazing
Some Bad Karma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wish I was a teen through the 90s.

Also, The Renaissance.
Shaistaaa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
With you on that one, I love anything 90s Always playing 90s music out of my car, whether it's the Hip Hop or House or Trance, it all sounds amazing
Haha yes! The 90s were amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
theZedmeister
Rep:
?
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
Yeah, the 90s were awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
29.44%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12.18%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (44)
22.34%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (18)
9.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.9%

Watched Threads