The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Osai
I'm interested in this. Did you attend the peckham branch? when your last visit there and what did you think of the pastors at the time.

I find the church just shady. I was a visiting member for nearly 3 years and i gave up when i realise they could actually be laughing behind my back at my problems.

Whatever branch, why would they laugh?

In preachings etc pastors may use examples but onlu to teach others, not to mock.
Hey, you can talk to me. I will listen. You're important and loved
You have sadly been misled and gods word has bred misinterpreted to you. I urge you to find a different church - maybe join the Christian union at uni'.

There are also Christian books that suggest autistic people might have a unique and special connection to god. So - everyone interprets gods wird differently. Your current church sounds extremely harsh. God bless you for your future x
Original post by Anonymous
I have done that. I have even had deliverance services and nothing works.

Let's not call this anxiety (its another way of being in denial), this is autism and it is destroying my life. It ruined my relationship with my father and caused my relationship with my mother to turned more sour than before.

Look man, your letting this autism ruin your life. There are people with autism and they live good life. You need to be more confident and actively seek a way to improve your situation, like some people on here as suggested(eg professional help)
I don't think you should completely rule out the possibility of a happy life. I understand that you've struggled for a long time and your parents have been horrible to you about it, but as a child there's not really anything you can do about a developmental disorder. Your own development is not your responsibility and your parents should not blame you (and you shouldn't blame yourself).

Autism is not some kind of horrendous life sentence for misery. I am undiagnosed with autism (I have SPD, a condition that is considered 'on the spectrum' by many, but it's not diagnosed) for much the same reason as you were until you were ten: I don't have a lot of the characteristics that people associate with autism. I've struggled with friendships all my life and even now I have friends I really struggle to get on with them because we're so different.

Being autistic gives you a unique perspective on the world! There's nothing wrong with only going around when things are quiet. When you go to uni, my advice is a doorstop. Prop open your door so people can come say hi on the first day while you're unpacking. There are also social events especially so you can meet people with similar interests/people on your course.

As a Christian, remember that you are God's creation just like all of us and He loves every single being He has created. If you are looking for support (and I don't know what you think of Tumblr but) there's a fantastic blog called butterflyinthewell run by an autistic woman who is also a Christian.

Latest