The Student Room Group

Why did BBC not show the story about the Palestinian baby?

a baby was burnt by the jewish settlers in palestine and there was no coverage at all, like seriously?

Scroll to see replies

Because they aren't allowed too unfortunately. Same reason they showed heavy bias towards Israel last summer. Same reason Frankie Boyle left mock the week, for the BBC trying to beef him for trying to highlight atrocities committed by Israel.
Reply 2
Original post by PrincessAnna
a baby was burnt by the jewish settlers in palestine and there was no coverage at all, like seriously?

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Because they aren't allowed too unfortunately. Same reason they showed heavy bias towards Israel last summer. Same reason Frankie Boyle left mock the week, for the BBC trying to beef him for trying to highlight atrocities committed by Israel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33729281

slamming the story at the back of a website, is clearly coverage. Isreali gay pride attack has been on TV/BBC-Facebook/BBC-Twitter literally everywhere for 3 days now. and that story was barely 1 hour.
Okay so they posted one story. It's hard to deny there is a media bias in favour of Israel;the BBC told their employees they couldn't mention Israel in a bad light, you can watch the Frankie Boyle interview on the topic. Even in their documentary 'Children of the Gaza War' a couple of weeks ago you could see it. They mentioned that parents in the West Bank were sending their kids to training camps portraying them all to be some kind of crazy terrorists yet they always fail to mention the context;Israel have illegally stolen Palestinian land, built apartheid walls and several checkpoints which Palestinians must pass through simply to get to work/school, cut off water and electricity and basically oppressed the Palestinian people in all walks of life. They are simply doing what any other oppressed people would do and have done over the course of history, fight back. But of course the media wouldn't want you to think like that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Man like ClockEnder an OP poster
slamming the story at the back of a website, is clearly coverage. Isreali gay pride attack has been on TV/BBC-Facebook/BBC-Twitter literally everywhere for 3 days now. and that story was barely 1 hour.

Oh look at that front page news.

Are you going to stop pulling arguments out your arse and pipe down now or have got got anymore ridiulous arguments to make?
Do we really need three bloody threads about this?

Why would a negative story about arson, half way around the world, be front page news anyway? :colonhash:

For the same reason the petrol bomb attack against the Israeli young girl didn't make headline news.

BECAUSE NOBODY CARES ABOUT A LONG RUNNING CONFLICT BECAUSE IT'S DULL AND REPETITIVE.

Out of interesting do you care bout kids getting killed in Africa? Or is it just cliched left wing issues you care about?
Reply 10
Original post by Skip_Snip
Do we really need three bloody threads about this?

Seriously what's your problem?

I know you hate Islam but why do you have to spread that hate to every Muslim?
I never thought people could stoop so low where they completely dismiss a child's death, purely because they grow up in a religion the person loathes.

OP can make whatever thread she wants however many times.
Nobody wants to see your heartless comments on every religion thread. Take them elsewhere.
In our social media driven world, its Twitter, blogs and other social media outlets that are the real news sites. Lets face it.

Social media (i'm not the expert on this so correct me if i'm wrong) is able to get their first, able to report news stories first, etc. You can receive frontline news from a warzone, read whats happening at some event first, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Err it was the headline story on the BBC news at 6 on BBC1 on the day the story broke.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Okay so they posted one story. It's hard to deny there is a media bias in favour of Israel;the BBC told their employees they couldn't mention Israel in a bad light, you can watch the Frankie Boyle interview on the topic. Even in their documentary 'Children of the Gaza War' a couple of weeks ago you could see it. They mentioned that parents in the West Bank were sending their kids to training camps portraying them all to be some kind of crazy terrorists yet they always fail to mention the context;Israel have illegally stolen Palestinian land, built apartheid walls and several checkpoints which Palestinians must pass through simply to get to work/school, cut off water and electricity and basically oppressed the Palestinian people in all walks of life. They are simply doing what any other oppressed people would do and have done over the course of history, fight back. But of course the media wouldn't want you to think like that.

Firstly many Jews are unhappy at the way the BBC portrayed Israel in the Gaza war. Secondly I watched a programme on the BBC the other week which mostly focussed on the sub par living conditions in East Jerusalem and how the Israeli government wouldn't do anything to help. Hardly portraying Israel in a great light.
Original post by Jewish Warz
The director of BBC is Danny Cohen.

Jews took over BBC ages ago and people don't even realise it.

That is why it is disgusting that our tax payers money goes to support their Zionist propaganda.

Oh and that is funny given people on the right typically very pro-Israel accuse BBC of being too left wing when really it is just another piece of media that had to be in Jewish hands. That is how they warp and corrupt your minds. They have the power to you their version of current events, just like we only hear their version of what happened in WW2 with the 6 million Holohoax.

The Jews only need to start a smear campaign against their enemies to gain public support. We see it now a lot with Vladimir Putin who is the latest under attack thanks to America's coup in Ukraine by Jews like Victoria Nuland.

None of the media no matter how progressive will say the J word. They're evil controlled opposition or just incredibly naive not to see what they're doing.

So its acceptable to tar all people with the same brush? Besides, you only had to see the reels of complaints from Jews about the way the BBC portrayed Israel in the last Gaza war to know they don't control it.
Original post by jelly1000
So its acceptable to tar all people with the same brush? Besides, you only had to see the reels of complaints from Jews about the way the BBC portrayed Israel in the last Gaza war to know they don't control it.

Don't ever feed the troll.

Because you've quoted him, his rambling anti semetic post will stay after he's been banned.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Don't ever feed the troll.

Because you've quoted him, his rambling anti semetic post will stay after he's been banned.

Your right, it was a bad idea, it's just being Jewish myself I was very angry.
Propaganda.

Why else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jelly1000
Your right, it was a bad idea, it's just being Jewish myself I was very angry.

Don't feed the troll.

Just report him.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Don't feed the troll.

Just report him.

Grass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending