The Student Room Group

damn my mother

grrrr!!! im so sick of my mother not letting me use the internet at home so i have to use it at school or my local libary!!! i have to spend ages looking for a site that will let me on to ukl because they dont put the web finding tool bar up on purpose and filter everything else! i have to pay £1 just to check my emails!!! (i have 2 email adresses so it takes a while!) i hope i dont end up a skin flint when i turn 41! :mad: :rolleyes:
Reply 1
can't you just click "search" on the toolbar, which should take you to google, then type uk learning forums in.
Reply 2
glance
can't you just click "search" on the toolbar, which should take you to google, then type uk learning forums in.

wont let me use google coz its filtered so i can go on this uk media site (i hope northamptonshire libaries hotshots arent reading this and learning my secret hacking device lol) and type in ukl on the search button there they use google as their search engine to do it and for some reason they allow me do that :rolleyes:
Reply 3
why don't you just whack in www.uk-learning.net, unless they filter URLs...
Reply 4
Ynox
why don't you just whack in www.uk-learning.net, unless they filter URLs...

i cant do that i have no where to type it in you see!
trigger
i cant do that i have no where to type it in you see!

thats really quite evil of them! it is after all an educational website! well thats what i tell myself
Reply 6
MiniBarSmarties
thats really quite evil of them! it is after all an educational website! well thats what i tell myself

thats what i think damn them!!!
trigger

since you pay to look at your email could you not keep an email in your inbox with the ukl shortcut? would save you a bit of time maybe and give you a backup if they discover your other way
Reply 8
MiniBarSmarties
since you pay to look at your email could you not keep an email in your inbox with the ukl shortcut? would save you a bit of time maybe and give you a backup if they discover your other way

could do
Reply 9
trigger

yeh my school blocks this webiste for some reason
Reply 10
Obviously they're against any form of alternative fun learning. They want to keep it traditional...scaring the fear of God in you about exams and homeworks and detention.
Reply 11
schools and libraries has to block all forms of "chatting"
Yeah, it's the law, in case you meet someone and they're.....well, you know. And if anything happens to you then you can sue them for meeting the pervert in THEIR building and on THEIR computer. A bit pathetic, but no one likes being sued do they?
Reply 13
trigger
grrrr!!! im so sick of my mother not letting me use the internet at home so i have to use it at school or my local libary!!! i have to spend ages looking for a site that will let me on to ukl because they dont put the web finding tool bar up on purpose and filter everything else! i have to pay £1 just to check my emails!!! (i have 2 email adresses so it takes a while!) i hope i dont end up a skin flint when i turn 41! :mad: :rolleyes:

Damn your mother.
Reply 14
my school lets me on just not the building of books

Latest

Trending

Trending