The Student Room Group

Access student: do I need to inform the uni of my results myself?

Do Access students need to let the uni know themselves or Ucas update it?
Original post by Emmlett
Do Access students need to let the uni know themselves or Ucas update it?

You need to tell both your Firm and Insurance Uni - an email with a scanned copy or screen shot of your formal results notification is usually enough. Only school leaver exams like A levels, IB, SQA etc get notified to Unis automatically,
Bump.

Lots of Access students don't realise they need to do this - when you have your result, make sure you tell your Unis.
I've told my firm but not my insurance choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to inform both unless you have definitely met your Firm offer.
I've met the offer for the firm choice, but I might just send it anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I scanned admissions a copy of my results, and they accepted that.
This year is the first year that UCAS receives access results. Mine we're updated this way and my place confirmed. However, the uni did ask for a copy of the cert, I assume, to put in my file?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmalou2501
This year is the first year that UCAS receives access results. Mine we're updated this way and my place confirmed. However, the uni did ask for a copy of the cert, I assume, to put in my file?!

The UCAS system is already proving a bit hit-and-miss so if you want to be certain of getting a fast confirmation of your place then you should email a scanned copy of your Access results directly to the Admissions Office at both your F&I Unis.
You may wish to have a read of this thread. It features a fair bit of discussion on this issue. Off the top of my head, UCAS website states they receive Access results and send them to unis. Others on that thread suggested this isn't universally true.

I decided to not bother chasing up with my college or awarding body (AptEd) to find out if they do or don't send results to UCAS; I simply scanned my Access certificate and transcript and sent it directly to my uni. My offer's now showing as unconditional firmly accepted on UCAS, but I'm not exactly sure what each of the four parties knows now. I can't login to my college email anymore so I guess that's pretty much the end of my relationship with them now. Anyway, the key thing is my uni are happy and I've definitely got my place, so I am too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending