The Student Room Group

What should i wear to my induction?

I've just received a call back about a job in a toy store and they've given me a job and the induction is tomorrow! I'm not sure what to wear as the last induction i went to was for Tesco and i dressed quite smart (tight skirt, blouse, cardigan) and everyone else was just in their everyday clothes so this time i think i'll just wear my black skinny jeans with heeled boots and a jumper do you think this would be ok? (i'm female, 18)

Also another question, they're giving me 2 shirts to wear for the job but i have to buy black trousers and black shoes (not dolly shoes) could anyone suggest where i could buy black trousers for smaller women (i had some before but they were too big and really unflattering) and what kind of shoes i need, i'm guessing trainer type black shoes but if anyone could link me to what i should buy that would be great??!
Original post by Articultr
I've just received a call back about a job in a toy store and they've given me a job and the induction is tomorrow! I'm not sure what to wear as the last induction i went to was for Tesco and i dressed quite smart (tight skirt, blouse, cardigan) and everyone else was just in their everyday clothes so this time i think i'll just wear my black skinny jeans with heeled boots and a jumper do you think this would be ok? (i'm female, 18)

Also another question, they're giving me 2 shirts to wear for the job but i have to buy black trousers and black shoes (not dolly shoes) could anyone suggest where i could buy black trousers for smaller women (i had some before but they were too big and really unflattering) and what kind of shoes i need, i'm guessing trainer type black shoes but if anyone could link me to what i should buy that would be great??!

It's always best to dress smart than accidently turning up in casual clothes when they want you in smart clothing. There's no loss turning up in smart clothes.
Reply 2
well it was kinda awkward turning up in smart clothes last time when everyone was dressed in jeans and tshirts haha plus i've got the job now so i don't see why i'd need to dress smart just for an induction
Shorts and flipflops only.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Toystore mmmm Clown?
For black trousers, maybe try New Look's petite section? Or even the kids section because you'll get them cheaper! Are you allowed to wear loafer type shoes? Because you could always get them in maybe Clarks.
small casual - cute blouse/top with trousers (not jeans). Oh, and wear practical footwear!
Reply 7
i just went in jeans and a shirt and everyone else (about 40 of us) were all wearing casual apart from a few guys in shirts but yeah it was super casual haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending