Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

should I go out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i need advice :s iv got my geography exams and maths exams this week but my friends have asked me to go out clubbing tonight i really dont know whether to go or not ?:s what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassysiren)
    i need advice :s iv got my geography exams and maths exams this week but my friends have asked me to go out clubbing tonight i really dont know whether to go or not ?:s what do you think?
    no, don't go. You'll be tired in your exams, which isn't good. If you really need a break why don't you go out for a meal instead? Then you can catch up with your mates, have a laugh, forget about revision for a couple of hours and still get to bed at a decent time!

ReputationRep:
    I went to the pub the whole night before my Applied Maths exam.......with my applied maths teacher Woke up with a hangover and spent the morning recovering. Did the exam......got an A!!!!!! Drink does wonders for your intelligence

But it does depend on the exam......not a chance would I have done that before the english or history exams.

ReputationRep:
    live for the moment, you may be run over by a bus tomorrow, then wouldn't you rather look back and think you had fun that last evening rather than studied geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n2sky_dvn)
    I went to the pub the whole night before my Applied Maths exam.......with my applied maths teacher Woke up with a hangover and spent the morning recovering. Did the exam......got an A!!!!!! Drink does wonders for your intelligence
    It actually doesn't. It kills links between brain cells and affects your ability to focus/concentrate. I think your A was a fluke.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go but i would take the time out to have a break and get some decent sleep and rest before your exam! Good Luck!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    i went and played a tennis match the whole evening before my Additional Maths mock, and so had no time to do any useful revision and I got an E. So don't. Thinking about it now, it was pretty stupid of me. I got all tense playing the tennis match (and lost), got really tired, got home and panicked. Sure, you need to have fun and relax, but during exams you've got to put your life on hold a bit. You can go clubbing after your exams, and please forgive me for sounding a bit like my mum. Your friends will understand. God, now that really did sound like my mum. Argh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    It actually doesn't. It kills links between brain cells and affects your ability to focus/concentrate. I think your A was a fluke.
    Yes your right.......everyone deals with exams differently I guess. It just happened to be my last exam 3 days after everyone else had left so I was pretty frustrated by that stage. But I like to think its my genious that got me through :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n2sky_dvn)
    Yes your right.......everyone deals with exams differently I guess. It just happened to be my last exam 3 days after everyone else had left so I was pretty frustrated by that stage. But I like to think its my genious that got me through :rolleyes:
    Yeah, sorry! I was about to say... "but you're obviously a genius", but "your A was a fluke" came out by accident!!

ReputationRep:
    although it is friday today and my next exam is monday so its not technically the night before the exam?? do you still think i shud stay in and revise?

ReputationRep:
    {trying to sound like Aragorn in LOTR}

"What does your heart tell you?"

ReputationRep:
    although it is friday today and my next exam is monday so its not technically the night before the exam?? do you still think i shud stay in and revise?
    are u confident about the exam, if you are GO OUT!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    No, but I don't think you should go clubbing either.

ReputationRep:
    i think u should go out but then gets lots of sleep on sat/sun night. if i were u n i didnt go it would jst annoy/depress/upset me to think of my mates out having a gd time. go out, enjoy urself n then sleep well n revise for the rest of the weekend! have fun!
    heather xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heather2)
    i think u should go out but then gets lots of sleep on sat/sun night. if i were u n i didnt go it would jst annoy/depress/upset me to think of my mates out having a gd time. go out, enjoy urself n then sleep well n revise for the rest of the weekend! have fun!
    heather xxx
    definitely u need a break from all this revising

ReputationRep:
    I would say stay in as Amb1 says too, if you feel you must go out only go for abit and don't drink to much. To me tho that defeats the point of going out so you might as well stay in. Also think of the money you will save for a huge night out after the exams. A few compromises now will bring you great benifit in the long term and if going out if anything like it is in Bath the night will probably be nothing to miss anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has a way of revising as different things work for different people. So its the same with this, if u think you know enough and then this is your way of coping, fine. However something that is obvious is that is u get plastered then u will invariably feel like a rotten ****, so that isnt too advisable. The desicion is yours...

ReputationRep:
    yes!! i have exams next week too but im going out tonight and monday - you wont do any work in the evening anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I'd go but not stay out too late/drink too much. but i don't really think there's much point staying in deliberating and feelign miserable-and personally, i wouldn't do any revision between 8pm and midnight on a friday anyway! good luck with it all

ReputationRep:
    thanx evryone but iv decided to just stay in lol becoz then if i fail i cant blame it on that friday b4 the exam that i went out and im goin 2 a party tomorrow anyways

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.