The Student Room Group

Would you enter a polyamorous relationship?

and why/why not?

I probably would cause it'd be something different and i like boys and girls so like i wouldnt mind and i feel like im capable of loving/liking loads of people and sex would probably be different but like theyd also be problems like with jealousy and stuff cause im pretty possession as well.

okay thoughts.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilovereading
and why/why not?

I probably would cause it'd be something different and i like boys and girls so like i wouldnt mind and i feel like im capable of loving/liking loads of people and sex would probably be different but like theyd also be problems like with jealousy and stuff cause im pretty possession as well.

okay thoughts.

Me and the gf would, you in? :wink:
Original post by GrimSower
Me and the gf would, you in? :wink:

lmao, its just a theoretical question.
probably not. I'm really possessive
I don't think I could, I get jealous too easily

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't enter it, knowingly. But would I leave if I found myself ending up in one...? I dunno. Can't fathom it but it doesn't sound ideal for sure.
lmao, its just a theoretical question.

^.^ , seriously though, no I wouldn't because it'd probably just get too emotionally complex for me.
Reply 7
nah
Reply 8
Well if it was just a casual, short term thing, maybe I'd go for it as I'd take any kind of relationship experience at this point :lol:

But in the long term, hell no, I couldn't deal with the idea of my partner sleeping with someone else, I'd just be worrying the whole time that her other partners were satisfying her better than I could, or that she'd prefer spending time with others to me, I'd be constantly paranoid haha.
I would never share my guy with another girl :naughty:

Plus you always hear stories about how threesomes go wrong and the girl for the night became the regular girl in your boyfriend's text messages :rofl:
its not always about sharing your partner, its about loving 2 of them at the same time.
Original post by Odd socks
I don't think I could, I get jealous too easily

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't believe in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say I'm indifferent towards the idea. If ever the situation arose, I'm inclined to think that I would enter such a relationship, although I'd probably have my reservations too. I do believe it's possible to love more than one person romantically.
its not always about sharing your partner, its about loving 2 of them at the same time.

Theoretically, but in reality most actual examples I've heard of are where a third person has joined a relationship. It's possible that three people could meet and form three equal relationships, but it seems very unlikely. Really, I think there will always be a power imbalance. Just keeping a normal monogamous relationship going is enough stress for me, it seems like these relationships must be so dramatic, unless everyone is mega chilled.

Also, I'm heterosexual, so it could only be with two women. I know some guys see that as a dream, but I don't see that as a fun experience. I like my alone time, and I can't see the women getting on.
Original post by Mankytoes
Theoretically, but in reality most actual examples I've heard of are where a third person has joined a relationship. It's possible that three people could meet and form three equal relationships, but it seems very unlikely. Really, I think there will always be a power imbalance. Just keeping a normal monogamous relationship going is enough stress for me, it seems like these relationships must be so dramatic, unless everyone is mega chilled.

Also, I'm heterosexual, so it could only be with two women. I know some guys see that as a dream, but I don't see that as a fun experience. I like my alone time, and I can't see the women getting on.

hmmm i see wat you mean about the power imbalance. I guess id go for it if it was a short term kinda thing for fun ya know. Preferably a female and male, just for something different.
Reply 16
No way. I have enough trouble being jealous over a guy who I'm not even in a relationship with.
and why/why not?

okay thoughts.

Hell no.

Quite simply i would never share a girl i actually cared for with anybody.
It doesn't sound all that appealing, but I'm open to trying it as a casual, short term thing.
Nope I don't think could, I'd get too jealous and paranoid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending