Scared of escalators! Don't know what to do :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm going to London next week but I'm really scared of escalators. I don't like seeing them, getting on them, riding them or getting off them. Basically I'm terrified of the bloody things! I'm also really scared of lifts. Really need some help
aLittleBookWorm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm going to London next week but I'm really scared of escalators. I don't like seeing them, getting on them, riding them or getting off them. Basically I'm terrified of the bloody things! I'm also really scared of lifts. Really need some help
I hate escalators too, and London is literally the worst place you can go if you're scared of them! If you're going with people then it's better because you can get someone to stand in front of you or behind you (ideally one in front and one behind!) so you feel a bit more secure. Other than that, I try to focus on the person in front of me when I'm going up or focus on a spot somewhere ahead of me when I go down them.

It's pretty hard to avoid having to use them unfortunately - there's a lift at Covent Garden station which you have to use unless you fancy a trip up an insanely long set of stairs, but beyond that it's escalators at every station. There's normally stairs too but if you're not good with heights (like me!) then I'd still stick with the escalator - I get vertigo and going down one of those long flights of stairs made me feel so dizzy I had to stop halfway down :')

Maybe try planning any journeys in advance so you minimise your tube stops and go to places you can easily walk between rather than having to hop on a tube.

Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (279)
15.35%
Uncertainty around my education (284)
15.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (180)
9.91%
Isolating with family (128)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (83)
4.57%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (152)
8.37%
Loneliness (179)
9.85%
Financial worries (75)
4.13%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (167)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
7.21%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.75%

Watched Threads