The Student Room Group

Changing uni plans last minute?

I'm really confused, I've applied to do a course at home in my own country but I've decided that not only I hate the course and wouldn't be good at it but that I also want to study in England instead. I have no idea what I should do about it. I have decided on a new course. Do I withdraw my application completely and take a gap year and reapply next year? Or do I go through clearing? My student finance has already been organised, and I have a part time job here so I feel that going through clearing isn't a good option because it's too late to organise accommodation and moving jobs.
look at the clearing website which is already up to see if there are any courses that you'd like to apply for and then call the university directly to see if they'd offer you a place.
It's absolutely not too late to apply and switch jobs! but if there isn't a course you'd like then i'm afraid the only alternative is to wait until results day and call again to see if any applicants missed their places, if not then you'd have to reapply (but then you'd already know your grades so you'll get unconditional offers which is a bonus!)

switching courses and the likes is so easy on student finance and only takes a day or 2 to update, and most university residencies remain open to new undergraduates for courses and accommodation right up until 31st of August :smile:

have a look on the clearing website or ucas search tool for places still available for 2015/16 applicants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending