RAF Intelligence Analyst aptitude test questions!

Watch
Dan4848
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi I'm waiting for my RAF aptitude test I would just like to ask a few questions regarding it. Any answers would be appreciated.

1) I know the test is split into sections
Verbal Reasoning
Numeric Reasoning
Written Reasoning
Electrical Com
Mechanical Com
Spatial

I'm just wondering which of these would be a more useful skill and be more relevant to the role of my choice? Which would be desirable to my role?

2) What kind of Maths questions are asked? And what should I revise? What questions came up for you?

Thank you, hope to hear back
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They're all useful skills.

As for which is more useful for an IntAn, the first three are going to figure higher, but all will figure to some extent.
kilted_sparky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dan4848)
Hi I'm waiting for my RAF aptitude test I would just like to ask a few questions regarding it. Any answers would be appreciated.

1) I know the test is split into sections
Verbal Reasoning
Numeric Reasoning
Written Reasoning
Electrical Com
Mechanical Com
Spatial

I'm just wondering which of these would be a more useful skill and be more relevant to the role of my choice? Which would be desirable to my role?

2) What kind of Maths questions are asked? And what should I revise? What questions came up for you?

Thank you, hope to hear back
HI,

There are books out there which help with revision (if you type what I have highlighted in bold (above) into Amazon you will find plenty) I also found GCSE BBC Bitesize a massive refresher as I hadn't done anything of this sort in about 12 years.

They worked wonders for me (I'm probably older though). Any questions ask away or pm me.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's no need to buy anything to help you through the tests, everything can be found online for free.
kilted_sparky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
There's no need to buy anything to help you through the tests, everything can be found online for free.
This is very true, I chose to spend some money but as Drewski said everything is available online for free, just search (RAF) aptitude test in Google and you will get lots of hits that will keep you going, also the practice questions that the RAF give you are also very good (you can get these on the careers website).
Billydodger
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kilted_sparky)
This is very true, I chose to spend some money but as Drewski said everything is available online for free, just search (RAF) aptitude test in Google and you will get lots of hits that will keep you going, also the practice questions that the RAF give you are also very good (you can get these on the careers website).
Sorry to be a bother but could you please link me the practice Qs on their website? I have searched and can't seem to find them...just the RN stuff. The other stuff on the internet has been a help but I think it would be valuable to see official practice stuff in all this waiting time I seem to have...
kilted_sparky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Billydodger)
Sorry to be a bother but could you please link me the practice Qs on their website? I have searched and can't seem to find them...just the RN stuff. The other stuff on the internet has been a help but I think it would be valuable to see official practice stuff in all this waiting time I seem to have...
Sorry mate never done the RN stuff. The only Qs I seen on RN were in a book I bought through Amazon. Give the AFCO a shout they should be able to point you in the direction of practice Qs on their website I would have thought.

Apart from that I used BBC GCSE Bitesize and just studied lots of maths and physics stuff to jog my memory.
Billydodger
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kilted_sparky)
Sorry mate never done the RN stuff. The only Qs I seen on RN were in a book I bought through Amazon. Give the AFCO a shout they should be able to point you in the direction of practice Qs on their website I would have thought.

Apart from that I used BBC GCSE Bitesize and just studied lots of maths and physics stuff to jog my memory.
sorry I wasn't clear there. I am applying for RAF. But unforunately can only find the RN practices and it seemed like you guys found the RAF ones on their website? Maybe they've taken them down I can't find them anywhere.
kilted_sparky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Billydodger)
sorry I wasn't clear there. I am applying for RAF. But unforunately can only find the RN practices and it seemed like you guys found the RAF ones on their website? Maybe they've taken them down I can't find them anywhere.
https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/h...ation-process/

Just Google RAF aptitude test, went onto the RAF process part of the website, entered Int analyst and then under Aptitude test (number 1) it says Click here to download a practice booklet for the Airmen Selection Test.

(that wasn't meant to sound patronising by the way.) Anything else, ask away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (435)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed