Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :confused:

Hi
    I'm searching information about universities with "advertising and marketing/ public relations" courses... but since I'm a foreign student all the universities look like the same to me

After seeing the UCAS website I made a list with the following universities:

- Bournemouth University
    - University of Central England in Birmingham
    - University of central Lancashire
    - The University of Huddersfield
    - The University of Hull
    - Lancaster University
    - University of Luton
    - University of Ulster

If you know some extra informations about these universities (how good or bad they are, accomodations, teaching, curricullum..), besides the ones they give us please tell me

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ondinhas)
    :confused:

Hi
    I'm searching information about universities with "advertising and marketing/ public relations" courses... but since I'm a foreign student all the universities look like the same to me

After seeing the UCAS website I made a list with the following universities:

- Bournemouth University
    - University of Central England in Birmingham
    - University of central Lancashire
    - The University of Huddersfield
    - The University of Hull
    - Lancaster University
    - University of Luton
    - University of Ulster

If you know some extra informations about these universities (how good or bad they are, accomodations, teaching, curricullum..), besides the ones they give us please tell me

Thanks!
    I'd say that Lancaster followed by Hull are the most respected on that list, the rest less so. I don't know much about the actual courses, have you been on their web sites to have a look?

ReputationRep:
    yes, I've seen it

The problem is that each university says "wonderfull things" about the courses, teachers and accomodation... so it's very hard to find the information I need.

What about Ulster? It is one of the best quoted in QAA's (quality agency)report...

Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ondinhas)
    yes, I've seen it

The problem is that each university says "wonderfull things" about the courses, teachers and accomodation... so it's very hard to find the information I need.

What about Ulster? It is one of the best quoted in QAA's (quality agency)report...

Thanks anyway
    I don't really know much about Ulster to be honest. Try looking at www.unofficial-guides.com It's good for telling you about the unis (although not the actually courses)

ReputationRep:
    after some more research... bournemouth, huddersfield, lincoln, northampton...out! :rolleyes:

Keep searching infos about: Central England in Birmingham
    Central Lancashire (Preston)
    Hull
    Lancaster
    Luton
    Ulster

ReputationRep:
    University Central Lancashire is ain a different league to the others (in a bad way)

The best two out of that are Lancaster and Hull. However that dosn't mean the others are crap.

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster's easily the most reputable out of that lot. Oh and Hull too, if you are to believe Blackadder. Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster's Management/Business School is very good too.

ReputationRep:
    When I visited Lancaster I did quite like the campus and the students seemed very down to earth from what I could tell. I think its very underated and deserves high Sunday Times ranking.

ReputationRep:
    Luton isn't regarded very highly, as far as I know, and the last time I went to Luton the place I thought it was a dump. But it might have changed since then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I don't really know much about Ulster to be honest. Try looking at www.unofficial-guides.com It's good for telling you about the unis (although not the actually courses)
    that site is really good!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    im doing an advertisng degree at Hull this sept. the course looks far better than most plus it odffers a work placement which is recommended in this field. lancaster is also pretty good too, and comes with a good reputation. fingerscrossed that Hull will be okay!!...hehe

ReputationRep:
    what a load of bull ****, hull has a great reputation, particularly for the social sciences

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.