10draperful
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have to state my final choice for A levels (UK) soon and I d appreciate some advice on what people have taken or what I should take. The subjects I did for GCSE in the order that I believe I am most skilled in are from best to worst : Psychology, English Lit, English Language, I.T, History, Maths, R.E, "Additional applied science" ( lowest group , 1 GCSE) .I don t have my results yet so I'm not sure accurately what I'm best at. I was considering becoming a therapist but I don t even have proper science GCSE and websites say you need A LEVEL biology to study Uni Psychology. I have no idea what to take , all I know is that I don t like R.E so don t want to take that and I'm not good enough at maths to do that. All the rest are still on the table. I am pretty certain I want to do psychology though. Thanks for any help
historeek
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did psychology. It's a pretty tough subject because there's so much studies and concepts to learn, it can be quite overwhelming at times. Just make sure you're well organised and you study regularly otherwise it can be impossible to get a good grade. Also check out Loopa.co.uk for good psychology revision, it saved me in the final year. I think you should also pick English Lit (I did). It isn't too bad if you're quite interested in reading and writing. Make sure you read the books thoroughly though. I didn't read any of the books in my first year and I came out with a C but I retook the exam the following year in which I did read the books and I ended up with an A. Good luck.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 10draperful)
I have to state my final choice for A levels (UK) soon and I d appreciate some advice on what people have taken or what I should take. The subjects I did for GCSE in the order that I believe I am most skilled in are from best to worst : Psychology, English Lit, English Language, I.T, History, Maths, R.E, "Additional applied science" ( lowest group , 1 GCSE) .I don t have my results yet so I'm not sure accurately what I'm best at. I was considering becoming a therapist but I don t even have proper science GCSE and websites say you need A LEVEL biology to study Uni Psychology. I have no idea what to take , all I know is that I don t like R.E so don t want to take that and I'm not good enough at maths to do that. All the rest are still on the table. I am pretty certain I want to do psychology though. Thanks for any help
If you aren't massively fussy about which uni you go to , as long as you do psychology a level you don't absolutely have to do biology.
So i d say how about you do psychology, english lit, history then possibly it, couldn't say for definite until you get your gcse grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (89)
24.72%
No (271)
75.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise