Exam results - 4 weeks to go.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
It's true. I just want to get the results day over and done with, so that I can either celebrate, or get depressed (both of which will end up with the consuming of large amounts of alcohol)

Phil
Robinb
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
help.

Please don't post thingas like this - I get nervous!!!!

robinb
PHIL
Rep:
?
Sorry, I'm reallt really bored, and just want to get the 14th over and done with, so I can enjoy(hopefully) the rest of the holiday without worrying.

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its creaping up pretty fast! ahhh!
PHIL
Rep:
?
I know what you mean

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I just want to find out now, i figure they will have marked all of the papers, and probably getting the averages now for the ums...wish we could find out out mark now though!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Well I know that Ive failed every subjects, and I have to repeat the whole as level year again...

Uk Education system sucks.. Maybe I should drop out and just become a plumber. They earn upto £50grand a year. (yes fifty thousand! my uncle is one with his own business... people are so stupid, U can get paid £60 for changing a tap!)
PHIL
Rep:
?
That is kinda stupid, but I suppose you could say its supply and demand (I've done way too much economics and business studies work this year).
I agree though that the UK education system is kinda stupid, but I'm not keen on the new government proposals to drop GCSE, AS and A2, which would in effect make most of our qualifications useless, not to mention that the gov would probably do their usual, and screw it up.

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am sure everyone is going to be fine.

You all have come a long way from picking your nose and wetting your pants in primary school (don't worry if you still do) and that is achievement in itself.

2 teenagers per week kill themselves under the pressure of school and exams which is very upsetting.

Even if you end up becoming a plumber or a doggie business cleaner, everyone of you as managed to cope unlike the poor souls who will never get their results or are worse off through no falut of their own.

There are loads blind, deaf, wheelchair bound and people in third world countries who will not get the chances you will, so instead of worrying about your results think about them for once.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Good answer, but I must admit that even htough this is very true, and most people know it, I think most people will still continue to worry.

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know but I have a cousin who has been in wheelchair since birth and another cousin who hanged himself.

So when people complain about exams and their future it really annoys me.

If I go to university, I will be the first ever person out of my family and I consider myself very luckly. My family aren't stupid just unluckly.
NEo111
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
yes people in the 3rd world have a hard life, but you cant define a hard life in some places in the world to other places, a hard life is relative to the situlation.

for eaxmple:

People in the 3rd world have 4 needs: food, water, protection from elements, health services. thats all they need to live in their environment.

compare that to a 16 year old student who is being forced to work towards 11 GCSEs, coursework, revision, exams. Then the pressure to do well by family members, the old "i'm very prove of you" quote adds pressure to do well. After you get your GCSES another 2 years of advanced level studies, where you must learn in detail 3 or maybe 4 subjects in extreme detail. the pressure to do well is increased even more. Then what?

Another 3 years of uni, then a job, get a home, married, kids, cars, hoilidays and all the other stuff people in the modern world work for.

I dont know about you but the 3rd world life seems less stressful and more forfilling allowing life to be lived instead of wasted in years in classrooms.
Remember after finishing alevels you have spent 13 years in school, 13 bloody years out of the 18 years of your life.

Life is hard
PHIL
Rep:
?
Sorry, don't really know what to say to that. However, in today's world there's so much presure on students for exams, and going on to uni etc., that people can't help but worry about them, even though they know that they have far far less to worry about than some other people.

Phil

p.s. sorry for your loss.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If you work out the grades you've got so far, it won't be so bad on results day. Just add an E to any grades you've not yet achieved.

Exam Points

A = 72 points
B = 63 points
C = 54 points
D = 45 points
E = 36 points

Coursework points

A = 96 points
B = 84 points
C = 72 points
D = 60 points
E = 48 points

Overall A-level grade

A = 480 +
B = 420
C = 360
D = 300
E = 240
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am not saying worrying is wrong - as I said it annoys me.
PHIL
Rep:
?
I've got no results already, as have just done AS exams for 1st time, and didn't do any coursework.

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know if anyone knew this but if you have pass Grade 6,7 or 8 exams on any instument with the London College of Music you get points towards University.

I already have 60 points.
PHIL
Rep:
?
I didn't know that. What instruments was that for?

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Grade 6 piano - I pass it with 67/100 (pass mark 65).
PHIL
Rep:
?
Well done, when did you pass?

Phil
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.18%
No (518)
65.82%

Watched Threads