Road trip to France, Insurance? Watch

CASWGU
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So my pal has a car but isn't currently driving it.

We want to go to France for a few days. He's 24 and been passed for about 3 years, with at least 2 years no claims, I think.

Which providers offer 1 week for abroad and roughly how much do you reckon it'll be for a 1.2/1.4 Vauxhall Corsa?
KCLeblanc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
DayInsure.com will probably supply the cover you need. But I no idea how much it'll cost. Remember you also need to tax the car as well.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most insurers cover you abroad for a set amount of time per year. If you're going to tax it you may as well insure it with a normal car insurance company and just use it for the rest of the year!
Mr. Petrol Head
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Driving in the European Union (EU)
All UK vehicle insurance provides the minimum third party cover to drive in other EU countries.
Check with your insurer if your policy has extra cover for things like theft or damage to your car abroad.
Driving in other countries
Outside the EU, a ‘green card’ proves that your insurance covers the minimum cover in the country you’re driving in. Ask your insurance company if they can issue you with one.
If you have a non EU driving ID, get an International driving ID.
Ask your insurance provider how long you can drive in each particular EU state, for example you will be given 2 days for germany and you will need to do in-out from there in 48 hours just for example for you to get an idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise