Biomedical Sciences

I'm interested in... Rugby, Football, Biology, Spanish

My study level is... A-level (A2)
Saleha09
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, are you starting A2 next year or uni cause' I plan on going into the same field (biological science) & was wondering what the application process was like
WillHughes_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, Ive just finished my A2, so (hopefully) I'll be starting Uni in September. If you are studying in England/Studying A Levels abroad like I did, UCAS is normally what you use to apply to Unis, they offer all sorts of advice on applying to uni and similar stuff. Your school/College normally helps you set up an account either at the end of AS year or the start of A2 year

My advice would be to apply as soon as possible once you return for A2 year, I had my application sent off by the October after I had started my 2nd year and had offers by the start of November, which was great motivation for me over the Xmas period. If you leave it late, there can normally be a mad rush of students also trying to do the same, and I had one or two friends sending off their application 2 or 3 minutes before the deadline, which is stressful especially when you need to be studying

A good idea is to start planning/writing your personal statement the summer between AS and A2, because when you come back, you may need to tweak it a few times before you add it to your application. Your personal statement can be just as important as your results, so Its better to spend time over the summer writing it out, rather than trying to write it up when you have the added pressures of needing to study

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (47)
18.01%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (73)
27.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (100)
38.31%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (32)
12.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.45%

Watched Threads