The Student Room Group
Not all guys are after mini skirt/makeup faced girls. Maybe they'd enjoy playing soccer with you or what not. Tomboys are more friends with the lads rather than date them. But because you'd be kind of similar maybe they'd like that.
i'm a tomboy and most of my friends are male but guys who are interested in me like me for that mostly because they can act like guys around me (i join in as well and make an idiot of myself) without them having to worry.
I am a bit of a tomboy aswell, and I have a lot of friends who are male - like that I go to the football with.

I don't see it as a reason for men not liking you, infact I think some men can get quite attracted to the fact, that they can sit and talk to you all night about football for instance.

Everyone is different I suppose.
I remember a TV program about a tomboy who couldn't seem to date. They 'fixed' her in the end sending her to finishing school or something.
Personally I've dated a tomboy, and would do it again.
Reply 5
Certainly not everyone goes for girly girls. Although it does vary from person to person, I would possibly be interested in someone who could be described as a tomboy (be it in terms of fashion or interests).
I don't know if I'm a 'Tomboy' or not, I mean is there actually a proper definition, but nearly all my mates are lads. It's not so much they meet me and think of me as one of the lads, its the fact that I let guys know I want to be friends with them. I don't know why but I always get on with guys better.

One of my new housemates defined me as a tomboy when he first met me because I'm living in a house with all boys. The thing is though, that wasn't my choice. I admit I prefer living with lads because there's no bitching and I can slob about but I would have liked girls in the house too.

Anyway, about guys liking tomboys. I have a boyfriend. He likes that I'm not a really girly girl, it doesnt take me forever to get ready for a night out and I like going the pub for a pint and a game of pool.
Reply 7
I guess I'm a tomboy, always have been.

I hate dresses and pink and all the glittery sparkly stuff. I hate make up too. I hate high heels and I hate it when girls are all drippy over a guy.

Most of all I hate the fact that the guys I like, think of me as 'one of the lads' and just a 'mate'. It's so annoying. It's been three times, yes THREE times, where I've really fallen for a guy and we've got on well, then he'll say 'I have something to ask you...*me excited*...will you set me up with your mate Laura/Sarah/Michelle/anyone'

All three times I've set them up, even though it's broke my heart!

So...moral of the story is....be 'girly' I suppose! Not that I'm going to! :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending