The Student Room Group

average speed cameras

hi everyone
I need some advice
the other day I was driving down the a14 which had average speed cameras and the limit is 70. however due to the vehicle I was driving my limit was 60. however I had a complete brain fart and ended up doing 68 (please don't lecture me I know that it's bad but I didn't mean to) I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on them. do you get a ticket through each set of cameras you speed or just the sectio as a whole. I know for the beginning I was averaging 55 but obviously this goes up with the speed. I was just going with the flow of the traffic it was a bout 2/3 in the afternoon I don't remember exactly. I have a clean license and never usually speed but I was having a bad day and obviously ****ed up. any advice would be great I am so worried as I was driving a works vehicle and dont want to lose my license or job.
many thanks x
I don't think they work so you're probably alright.
Reply 2
I hope so:P thanks for the reply x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It depends on how clever the system is. It's not inconceivable that as average cameras track your numberplate they also "know" what your speed should be.

I've certainly heard of fixed cameras catching heavy vehicles under the car speed limit. I know of someone who got done doing 60 on a national speed limit in a skip lorry, got into all sorts of trouble as the lorry was supposed to be limited.

I think there's a limit of 3 weeks or some such for them to contact the registered keeper although there's extra time is the registered keeper tells them it was someone else (you).

Personally I wouldn't think it's likely you've been done.
Reply 4
ok thanks:smile: the thing that I'm worried about is if I get like 3 tickets I've read so many things saying you only get one and then others saying that you get one for each one:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mate got done for 70 in his works van on that stretch of the A14 two years or so ago. Sorry.
Make sure you have a good solicitor. Or a bike to ride if you are banned.
Reply 8
Even if the system is able to give tickets for each section, they will only be treated as the one continuous offence

Otherwise they could easily give a ticket for every metre, centimetre, etc. you travelled

Quick Reply

Latest