The Student Room Group

How far back can you remember? Think about it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GemmaConlin
My first memory is of me spilling milkshake all over me when driving somewhere in the snow, I was 6 months old. I have a ridiculously crazy memory, I can tell you what I was doing on a random day 15 years ago (when I was 5) haha

You were really 6 months old? :lolwut: if what you say is true, I am very impressed! So what were you doing on 30th April when you were 5yrs old? :smile:

Original post by Vixen47
My fifth or sixth birthday party. I was crying when everyone started singing happy birthday because social anxiety. :mmm:

Aww bless you :smile:
Original post by The_Blade
I remember when my mum was breast feeding me and I just looked at dad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As you and your dad exchanged looks, this is what was said

Original post by cuppacoffee
basically yep haha :biggrin: we were in a big carpet shop. My mum remembers it too and was really shocked I remembered it.

It's amazing that you can remember that far back. Do you generally have a good memory right now? :smile:
Original post by somemightsay888
As you and your dad exchanged looks, this is what was said

:rofl:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I remember being on a plane with my mum going to Ghana when i was two or three
It was night as well :smile:

Original post by Khadijaalimalik
When I was about mmm 2 i remember sleeping with my brother who was 3 and something was tugging my blanket with a blakc glove...god knows if it was just imagination but my brother still remmbers it too.

When I was like 4 there was a coner shop near my nursery and so my mum was paying for something while she was at the counter I just shoved hand fulls of sweets from the pick n mix section in to my gob and pockets LMFAO i was a naughty but innocent lookin child apparently.

Tbh i remember alotttttt since i was a child

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I remember being 7ish and dropping my chips all over the floor which made my mum angry:colondollar:

Original post by driftawaay
First year of kindergarten, so 4 years old.

Original post by Imperion
Probs when I was 5... remember playing in a sand pit with a toy dinosaur :biggrin:

Original post by liquidconfidence
I can remember back to when I was like 3 years old, in Nursery. I was having a little squabble with some kid about who's mum would arrive to pick us up first, it's funny because we were in those little plastic, yellow and red car things. In the end, one of the adults came and separated us and told us to go play instead.
But guess who's mum came first? Not mine!! :tongue: So every time my mum offers to pick me up from somewhere I'm like no thanks (assuming she will be late) because of that memory lmao :colonhash:

Original post by TheTechN1304
The earliest I can remember is from when I was about 3 reciting the pledge of allegiance in preschool.

Original post by Little Popcorns
About 2 pottering about the house

Original post by Pathway
Three-ish, running away from my childminder across a road. :teehee:

Would you say you have a good memory in general at the moment?
Original post by starlight82

Not particularly, no.

Yes :smile:
Original post by Biryani007
When I was 3 my 1 year old sister hit me in the head with a xylophone....I didn't cry so my mum had no idea lol....but later on in the day when my grandma was combing my hair she found blood....that's when I remembered and started crying :lol:

Original post by meadow11
I remember someone wearing a grey socks accidentally on stepping on my foot. I only lived in the house it happened in for just a few years, so I must have been 2 maybe 3 years old :smile:

Original post by thecatwithnohat
I remember accidentally nearly falling out of a window when I was 4

Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Most of my earliest memories come from the age of 4, and i think i'm not sure, that i have a snapshot of a memory from age 3, but lower than 4 it's very difficult, i'm amazed at how some people have retained memories from earlier than that :0 i'm going to look into brain development now lol

Original post by Sicaspeak
I can remember my mum sitting me on top of the washing machine whilst it was on and we pretended I was a rocket blasting off into space. I don't remember exactly how old I was but my mum died when I was 4 so it was sometime before then.

Original post by Crystalz
All my childhood memories can only be remembered in third person (kind of like a movie) so it makes it a bit hard to know if they're real...

When I was about 4 going to Holland on a plane, sitting next to my father :smile:

Original post by Celebi899
I remember doing a front roll on the living room floor and bumping into the cabinet, breaking the door of it when I was 3,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by somemightsay888
When I fell off the climbing frame in Nursery and started crying :rofl: Smh.

Original post by cake_lover
I remember having a nightmare, I was sleeping in a cot and so got up and cried until my mum put me in bed with her, and then i was kicking every few minutes my dad for some reason :lol: can't remember how old I was but I was very young... Lord knows why I remember that :lol:

Original post by RFowler
The first memory I can still remember was just a vague recollection of being in my house, and there was a baby gate on the stairs. So I must have been pretty young.

But I start to remember a decent amount when I get to about age 3.

Original post by ellie0497
2/3 years old- I remember evens which occurred when I was 3 really well and one or two when I was 2.5 years.

I think my earliest memory is from when I was 3 in nursery school and I was sat on one side of the classroom and my teacher was sat on the other side and that's about it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not particularly, no.

No it's absolutely awful lmao, my memory has never been good
I was 3 I think and I remember going into a bakery to get a gingerbread man but it was shaped like a phone, an old one, and I only got it so I could eat the icing.

No, because my mother was coming to get me :colonhash:
Is this real? How old were you? Lol

:s-smilie:

cant remeber think 3/4

There aren't really any emotions attached to the memory in all honesty. It's just something i remember happening.
I remember in preschool asking some girls if I could play with their cars in the sandpit. They said no. (3y/o, I think. Some time before I moved house, so younger than 4.)

Original post by SmashConcept
Sorry but even if you're 3 getting beaten up by a 1 year old is some serious pussy ****. Why would they expect you to cry about that smh

Even at 18 years old, getting beaten up by a 1 year old hurts. My niece used to claw my face until I put her down, if she didn't want to be carried (now she just settles for the more conventional tantrum)
Original post by The_Blade
cant remeber think 3/4

:nothing:

Original post by Another
Even at 18 years old, getting beaten up by a 1 year old hurts. My niece used to claw my face until I put her down, if she didn't want to be carried (now she just settles for the more conventional tantrum)

For an 18 year old who needs to toughen up I guess that would hurt.
Original post by SmashConcept

For an 18 year old who needs to toughen up I guess that would hurt.

Have you ever been around young children before?
You were really 6 months old? :lolwut: if what you say is true, I am very impressed! So what were you doing on 30th April when you were 5yrs old? :smile:

Aww bless you :smile:

Yep, I was 6 months old. It was a Sunday and i had sunday school and we sand the Jonah and the Whale song, I drew a picture of a whale and then afterwards my Dad and I went and played on the swings before going home. In my first week of uni, my history tutor was trying to prove that human memory is fast forgotten and asked if anyone remembered what they did on the 17th December 2004 and what we had for breakfast on the 24th March 2009, the shock on his face when I could tell him was hilarious
Original post by Another
Have you ever been around young children before?

Are you the FBI?

Quick Reply

Latest