Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    and was told they made a decision on my postgrad app but the registrar has to review it before letting me know. They will not give me an indication of the preliminarry decision over the phone. I asked for an e-mail but they say I have to wait until early next week then they will send me an e-maill. Should I read into this - I applied a month and a half ago - is it a possible rejection? I don't want to call again since I can't really do anything to speed up the process. Do most overseas students get in? Is proof of funds any help?

ReputationRep:
    There's no harm in waiting till next week, personally I don't think proof of funds will help, I don't know about universities where you are but here your funds are not a deciding factor (that is, in effect discrimination).

ReputationRep:
    They don't want to tell you yes or no before they've confirmed it themselves, so you don't jump the gun.

If they tell you yes then have to decline you, you'd sue them.
    If they tell you no but change their minds, they might lose you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you have received an offer but I cannot tell you if it is conditional or unconditional. So, I asked him, what does conditional mean. He said, "It could mean you must show that you are proficient in English or you need to pass an exam, etc. as examples. He said he couldn't say definitively but he did say that I received an offer. What does this mean!!!! (pulling my hair out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adzegirl33)
    Yes, you have received an offer but I cannot tell you if it is conditional or unconditional. So, I asked him, what does conditional mean. He said, "It could mean you must show that you are proficient in English or you need to pass an exam, etc. as examples. He said he couldn't say definitively but he did say that I received an offer. What does this mean!!!! (pulling my hair out)
    It means you've either received a conditional or an unconditional offer. Since you're a postgrad, probably nothing you can't handle.
    Did you study abroad before this ? If you did, they'll just want you to an IELTS English test. Don't worry, everyone says it's a piece of piss.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.