The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Course Vacancies

So I'm a student who achieved A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Economics last summer and ended up taking up Computer Science at Imperial and hated it. I left the university and currently have an offer from Southampton to study Maths with Finance but I'm holding out for King's since I live in London and want to be closer to home.

I saw that King's have their Course Vacancy list out: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/results/Vacancies2.aspx

I'm just wondering for those of you who are at King's currently, if there were any more courses that ended up being listed around Results Day, as currently, no Maths courses seem to be on there.

Thanks!
I'm in a similar position haha have an offer for G100 Math at York but really wanna transfer over to KCL for one of their math courses.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Shady778
I'm in a similar position haha have an offer for G100 Math at York but really wanna transfer over to KCL for one of their math courses.

you already have your results too?
Original post by r3l3ntl3ss
you already have your results too?

Yes I do. I took a year out but didn't differ any universities
Reply 4
Yes I do. I took a year out but didn't differ any universities

ah I see, wish I'd taken a year out tbh

Which course are you referring to exactly? I did my undergrad at Kings in Maths and finishing my masters in the maths department too.
Original post by anshul95
Which course are you referring to exactly? I did my undergrad at Kings in Maths and finishing my masters in the maths department too.

Maths with management and finance.
I recently called as I wanted to apply to adjustment . Hoping they accept :3
Maths with management and finance.
I recently called as I wanted to apply to adjustment . Hoping they accept :3

Any particular reason? I a lot of my undergrad friends did that. They should do, do you mind me asking what grades you got? PM me if you feel uncomfortable blasting it out to the world.

Also is there a forum for kcl maths 2015 entry offer holders? Thought I would offer my experiences to people who knows kings inside and out.
Original post by anshul95
Any particular reason? I a lot of my undergrad friends did that. They should do, do you mind me asking what grades you got? PM me if you feel uncomfortable blasting it out to the world.

Also is there a forum for kcl maths 2015 entry offer holders? Thought I would offer my experiences to people who knows kings inside and out.

I really like the way the course is structured with a very good amount of math modules with some economics and management courses there to bring your math to a more practical field . I received 80.5% in a brunel math foundation year hoping kings like York will accept it as a formal qualification
In regards to the math forum I am unsure
I really like the way the course is structured with a very good amount of math modules with some economics and management courses there to bring your math to a more practical field . I received 80.5% in a brunel math foundation year hoping kings like York will accept it as a formal qualification
In regards to the math forum I am unsure

Well yes it is a good mix I would say if you want to go down that route. I feel it offers the better alternative to say the 50/50 Maths and Economics course at LSE. Well I don't know the structure of your course...could you a post a link to it? I would give a usual warning - depends year to year who accepts/meets their offers blah blah

Quick Reply

Latest