The Student Room Group

Official CIE IGCSE Results Day 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Manzar07
Just got my IGCSE grades guys!! So much better than expected haha.
Question, Is it 90 for an A*?

Really?! Woooo congratulations!
Feel free to post them here !
Yes 90 is an A*
:party:

Original post by examhater2345
Hi does anyone know where I can get th grade boundaries from? I won't be getting my results till 20th August 😔

I will post the link here as soon as they come out :smile:
Original post by piu123445
Chemistry A*
Maths A*
Physics A*
Add Maths A
Biology B
Chinese first language C
3A* 1A 1B 1C total
not so satisfy for the chinese result

How high were grade boundaries for biology chemistry and physics? Did you do paper 11,31,61 for each?
Reply 82
Original post by nicolebrtfld
Spanish Second language - a*
German Second language - a*
Biology - a*
Geography - a
Math - a
English First language - a

I was totally blindsided by my math and bio notes because the tests were super tough, I honestly thought I might have failed them :redface: Im so happy I didn't fail anything because i have forgotten everything haha retakes would be a disaster xD

Oh wow :woo: :dance: :party:
That's amazing !!
I hope I get results like this :biggrin:
I felt the same way about maths :redface:
Reply 83
Everyone as soon as I get the links to the grade boundaries I'll post them here :smile:
Good luck today guys!! Fingers crossed, hope it all goes well and you get your grades :biggrin: :crossedf:
Original post by StrawbAri
Everyone as soon as I get the links to the grade boundaries I'll post them here :smile:

How will you be able to get them though? They have been given to teachers today but they're not going to be published to students until end of September
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for CIE IGCSE ENGLISH FIRST LANGUAGE?

Also why have people got for ENGLISH?

Thank you so much :smile:
I did better in Math and Science than expected, but english I really wanted an A :frown:

a* - Gemran
a - Geography, History
b - English, English lit, Science, math
c - Enterprise (who cares about that anyway)

Hope you all got the results you wanted!!!

THANK YOUU!!! Do you know when they will be released at all?
Is the number beside the grade the percentage or percentile?
Now the results are out where are the grade boundaries?
Original post by Amy_pearson01
Now the results are out where are the grade boundaries?

Our schools have them already.. I guess we just wait :smile:

Holy crap! You got an A* in maths? You must be soo clever because that exam was tough :cry:
Congratulations though :woo: :dance:
Aww don't worry about that! That's a passing grade :smile: Do you honestly think you did better than that? If so then you can get it re marked

What paper did you do in maths?
I did paper 22 and 42 and I found it quite tricky(even I've got some stupid mistakes)
But yeah,finally I'm quite happy that I can get an A*:biggrin:

For Chinese,I will get it re marked to see whether they marked it wrong:smile:
Everyone seems to have done really well! I'm really pleased with my results :smile:
Business studies-A
Physics-A
Maths-B
History-B
Bilogy-C

ICT, and english first language still pending, and i couldnt attend chemistry because i didnt feel well, so i have to "retake" that at november.
Im really disappointed with my results, specially maths, because i did so many stupid mistakes on the exam, i could easily get better marks... (its supposed to be my 1. subject...)
And when will they announce the grade boundaries? Because these exams were harder than last years, and last year a B was around 70-80% in maths, and i really doubt i did so bad...:/

P.S: Am i the only one who didnt get the percentages, only the mark?O_o
(edited 8 years ago)
Who did paper 11 31 61 for bio Chem and physics?
Business Studies(0450) A (89)
Literature (English)(0486) A (84)
Global Perspectives(0457 A (81)
Drama(0411 A (83)
Geography(0460)B (78)
First Language English (Oral Endorsement) (0500) A (83)
Co-ordinated Sciences (Double Award)(0654) BB (76)

Assuming that 90 is an A*, i have a little bit of greediness building up. A feeling that i might get A* if i tell them to recheck the business studies paper.
Reply 98
Hi,
My results
A* -Economics and History
A - music, pe, english as a second language and foreign language french
B -english literature and BB science(double award).
I am really shocked about the english as a second language results, i got 88, but every mock exam i had I would have gotten A* and that was also my predicted grade. Can it still change to A*? And are these in general good results?
Hello.

I do not know what to do, as I sat an IGCSE English exam with CIE, but my school has not sent me my login details.

I have attempted to contact the examinations officer for my school, but it seems that she is on holiday, or away.

I am desperate to receive my result today, and I would be grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest