The Student Room Group

Do I have a chance of being accepted with 200 UCAS points?

Hi, I've had a really rough year with close family passing away and suffered from depression temporarily as a result of that. This has really dragged my grades down in my Level 3 Extended Diploma course, I was predicted distinctions and merits but only achieved MMP.
I've confirmed Coventry University as my choice and attended their course open day. They want me to get DMM which is 2 grades above what I have (280 UCAS points). I've been emailing the university and they said they'll make a decision whether I'll be accepted or not after the majority of potential students have received their grades, this means around the 13th Aug I should have an answer.

Has anyone been in a similar situation to this or know what usually happens to students like myself who have poor grades? If anyone could give me some reassurance that would be great as I can't stop panicking.

Edit: I got in! Can't wait to start the course.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Harry102
Hi, I've had a really rough year with close family passing away and suffered from depression temporarily as a result of that. This has really dragged my grades down in my Level 3 Extended Diploma course, I was predicted distinctions and merits but only achieved MMP.
I've confirmed Coventry University as my choice and attended their course open day. They want me to get DMM which is 2 grades above what I have (280 UCAS points). I've been emailing the university and they said they'll make a decision whether I'll be accepted or not after the majority of potential students have received their grades, this means around the 13th Aug I should have an answer.

Has anyone been in a similar situation to this or know what usually happens to students like myself who have poor grades? If anyone could give me some reassurance that would be great as I can't stop panicking.

All anyone can say on here is in the first two posts of this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3387419

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending