username1736181
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This is my very first lucid dream, it was really strange but exciting. Before i actually fell asleep i said i will have a lucid dream repeatedly and i did. It started off as me stood around a dark landscape which was very shady etc, i looked at the time on my watch and it said 7pm to make sure i was dreaming i looked again and it showed 8pm at this point i was certain i was dreaming. The problem is as soon as i noticed someone or something started to chase me. So i made a conscious decision to jump in the hope that i would fly away (remember i was the one controlling the dream) So i jumped and did not fall back to the ground therefore i was flying. but something strange happened i felt a conscious tingling sensation throughout my body which peaked at the end of my limbs, this lasted a couple of seconds and then i woke up. Who wants help me understand this or help me give a scientific explanation to it?
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Isn't that what happens when your body is about to go into full sleep mode?
rhiifuu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jordyweird)
This is my very first lucid dream, it was really strange but exciting. Before i actually fell asleep i said i will have a lucid dream repeatedly and i did. It started off as me stood around a dark landscape which was very shady etc, i looked at the time on my watch and it said 7pm to make sure i was dreaming i looked again and it showed 8pm at this point i was certain i was dreaming. The problem is as soon as i noticed someone or something started to chase me. So i made a conscious decision to jump in the hope that i would fly away (remember i was the one controlling the dream) So i jumped and did not fall back to the ground therefore i was flying. but something strange happened i felt a conscious tingling sensation throughout my body which peaked at the end of my limbs, this lasted a couple of seconds and then i woke up. Who wants help me understand this or help me give a scientific explanation to it?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but I want to lucid dream. I've tried but it never works :/
username1736181
Rep:
?
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
Isn't that what happens when your body is about to go into full sleep mode?
Do you mean this cross over between awake and sleep?
when that happens you twitch like when you're in bed and your leg starts to get a mind of its own ahah
username1736181
Rep:
?
(Original post by rhiifuu)
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but I want to lucid dream. I've tried but it never works :/
It was weird because thats the first time I've ever tried it
Leechayy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
how do you enter this state? I really want to try this
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jordyweird)
Do you mean this cross over between awake and sleep?
when that happens you twitch like when you're in bed and your leg starts to get a mind of its own ahah
Yes, I'm not sure if that's the case with you but it sounds very much like it.

Sometimes when I'm lucid dreaming (which I do a lot), I jolt a bit just before I fall into a deep sleep. Or sometimes I just manage to wake myself up by moving a part of my body.
username1736181
Rep:
?
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
Yes, I'm not sure if that's the case with you but it sounds very much like it.

Sometimes when I'm lucid dreaming (which I do a lot), I jolt a bit just before I fall into a deep sleep. Or sometimes I just manage to wake myself up by moving a part of my body.
Only one way to find out try it again tonight
username1736181
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leechayy)
how do you enter this state? I really want to try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AssEleww8l0
watch this and listen this is how I've done it
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sounds like a hypnagogic hallucination to me. They usually happen during the transition between waking and sleeping, but you can get them at the beginning of a dream too.
missaxo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
omg I really want to try this!
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've tried lucid dreaming techniques. It doesn't always work but when it does it's a really interesting experience. It's like you're fully aware it's a dream but you have control over what happens in it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.21%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
55.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.24%

Watched Threads