The Student Room Group

Far too late for student finance applying?

I think I'm way too late to apply for student finance for this year but just thought I'd ask just in case, could I still apply and get my loan in time for September? I've applied for Uni this year and have been offered places. Thanks!
Original post by spud411
I think I'm way too late to apply for student finance for this year but just thought I'd ask just in case, could I still apply and get my loan in time for September? I've applied for Uni this year and have been offered places. Thanks!

Theres no guarantee you d get it in time but i put my application in on a level results day to student finance wales on results day 2 years ago and still go it on time, be prepared for it to be late just incase though.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Theres no guarantee you d get it in time but i put my application in on a level results day to student finance wales on results day 2 years ago and still go it on time, be prepared for it to be late just incase though.

sorry about the late reply, thanks for the advice! What would happen if the finance was late? Would I still be able to attend the course?
Original post by spud411
sorry about the late reply, thanks for the advice! What would happen if the finance was late? Would I still be able to attend the course?

Yes but you d have to find a way to pay rent and living costs till it comes in, theres no problems as far as attending the course as long as your tution gets paid in time (which wont be expected till october at least)
your loan is likely to be late but universities are used to that. You'll need to show that you have applied and have done everything you need to do. Get a student account at a bank with a good overdraft facility http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/Student-bank-account

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending