The Student Room Group

With an offer but not getting AAA, what to do?! (med)

I'm 70% sure I'm not getting AAA next thurs and it's depressing because I have an offer for medicine as well - if anyone is in the same position as me, what is your backup plan?

Go into another course? Reapply in the UK - redo exams and ukcat and all that BS? apply abroad?
Original post by erudite
I'm 70% sure I'm not getting AAA next thurs and it's depressing because I have an offer for medicine as well - if anyone is in the same position as me, what is your backup plan?

Go into another course? Reapply in the UK - redo exams and ukcat and all that BS? apply abroad?

If you get AAB there is still a chance that the uni will give you a place on the course as they want to fill in all their available places and it saves them going into clearing! Most unis will do this if you had a strong interview with them!
Reply 2
Original post by erudite

the best option in my opinion would be to go abroad and study, if you get say AAB there is a chance the university might take you or you could take a gap year and re-sit but this is a risk as you are at a dis-advantage as you are re-sitting. Also I know Manchester asks A*AA for re-sitters. I will send you a private message to see how you get on and if you need any more advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending