The Student Room Group

Worried can't make weight for career aspiration !

Heyo,

I have an awesome opportunity lined up for me. Jumped through many hoops to pass the initial stages and now I have a medical exam lined up in 21 days from today. The maximum BMI they accept is 30. I am currently 31.4 (I don't have big muscles, so I can't make excuses) !

Currently;
26 Years Old,
Sedentary (Will be working out everyday until the day),
13 Stone and 2 Pounds,
163 CM (I am short, I know ! )

A friend has advised me to eat, 500g of Chicken Breast meat, 4x Boiled Eggs, 3x Cups of Broccoli a day. Which works out to around 1400 calories a day.

Will be doing interval training, 3x a day for 30 minutes per workout on my treadmill. Will also be doing 1 hour on a rowing machine at the gym.

Please, can anyone give me any tips? 19 days left until the Medical !

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------
Updates;

Day 0 = 13 Stone 2 Pounds / 83.46 KG / 184 Pounds
Day 1 = 12 Stone 13.75 Pounds / 82.44 KG / 181.12 Pounds
Day 2 = 12 Stone 12.75 Pounds / 81.99 KG / 180.12 Pounds
Day 3 = 12 Stone 10.75 Pounds / 81.80 KG / 178.12 Pounds
Day 4 = 12 Stone 10.25 Pounds / 80.85 KG / 178.4 Pounds
Day 5 =
Day 6 =
Day 7 =
Day 8 =
Day 9 =
Day 10 =
Day 11 =
Day 12 =
Day 13 =
Day 14 =
Day 15 =
Day 16 =
Day 17 =
Day 18 =
Day 19 =
Day 20 =
Medical Test = Goal = 12 Stone / 76.2KG / 168 Pounds (Anywhere near this. Goal is 28.6 BMI)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Drink tons of water, I know it sounds like it will make you heavier when you weigh yourself but actually if will flush a lot of crap out of your system, it works trust moi :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Drink tons of water, I know it sounds like it will make you heavier when you weigh yourself but actually if will flush a lot of crap out of your system, it works trust moi :tongue:

I have been told to also drink 4 litres of water a day. Forgot to mention it.

Thanks for that !
You'll be able to pass if you stick to that. Plus you can lose water weight by avoiding salt which makes you retain it. Before you are weighed make sure you haven't eaten much and have had a poo (tmi).. just stay motivated and realise it's an attainable goal. If you don't have any treats you may give up so I'd say allow yourself one treat a day :smile:
Original post by Dasian
I have been told to also drink 4 litres of water a day. Forgot to mention it.

Thanks for that !

It really works, I did it and lost something like 7 pounds with a blink of an eye :h: that was no exercise btw....also remember diet over exercise! You can do it! :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Hevachan
You'll be able to pass if you stick to that. Plus you can lose water weight by avoiding salt which makes you retain it. Before you are weighed make sure you haven't eaten much and have had a poo (tmi).. just stay motivated and realise it's an attainable goal. If you don't have any treats you may give up so I'd say allow yourself one treat a day :smile:

Hello,

Plan to not eat anything on the day. I wont be doing any exercise at all.

I will be impressed if I can get under 30 BMI.

Thanks
Reply 6
It really works, I did it and lost something like 7 pounds with a blink of an eye :h: that was no exercise btw....also remember diet over exercise! You can do it! :tongue:

I usually get sugar cravings. I am throwing everything out of the house tomorrow.

I will stick to it.

Many thanks !
Reply 7
Blueberries to fat burn
Bananas to fill you up and give you energy for the gym (only 1 a day max though)
Kale as an antioxidant
No white bread, only brown/whole grain foods
LOTS of water!!!
you'll see more results if you mix up your workouts; Instead of just treadmill and rowing machine add in a cross trainer and bike every now and then

don't eat too much protein as your aim is not to bulk up in these 19 days but rather to lose weight, muscle weighs more than fat so avoid strength training such as weights!

Make sure you do 10,000 steps a day, always take the stairs, take the long way round, park further away from the shop in the car park or walk to the shop if possible

Good luck!
Original post by Dasian
I usually get sugar cravings. I am throwing everything out of the house tomorrow.

I will stick to it.

Many thanks !

Best of luck!!! :biggrin:
The diet your friend gave you sounds good, make sure you stick to a strict calorie deficit and don't eat any less than that. I hope you reach your goal and good luck.
Reply 10
Original post by gemmax6x
Blueberries to fat burn
Bananas to fill you up and give you energy for the gym (only 1 a day max though)
Kale as an antioxidant
No white bread, only brown/whole grain foods
LOTS of water!!!
you'll see more results if you mix up your workouts; Instead of just treadmill and rowing machine add in a cross trainer and bike every now and then

don't eat too much protein as your aim is not to bulk up in these 19 days but rather to lose weight, muscle weighs more than fat so avoid strength training such as weights!

Make sure you do 10,000 steps a day, always take the stairs, take the long way round, park further away from the shop in the car park or walk to the shop if possible

Good luck!

I have a very boring diet so I can easily prepare it. I am going to try and stick to the diet and maybe add the blueberries in.

I am avoiding all weight training. I have the treadmill at home so will stick to the 3x interval training. However will take your suggestion and everyday when I go to the gym, will use a different cardio exercise machine.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by will_jg
The diet your friend gave you sounds good, make sure you stick to a strict calorie deficit and don't eat any less than that. I hope you reach your goal and good luck.

I have checked a few BMI websites and my maintenance is around 1700-2200.

My calorie diet is around 1450-1500.

Including my 3x 30 minutes of interval training on treadmill and 1 hour of mixed up cardio machines.

Hopefully I am under maintenance and lose the weight rapidly.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dasian
I have a very boring diet so I can easily prepare it. I am going to try and stick to the diet and maybe add the blueberries in.

I am avoiding all weight training. I have the treadmill at home so will stick to the 3x interval training. However will take your suggestion and everyday when I go to the gym, will use a different cardio exercise machine.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I didn't see that you had initially said interval training anyways, which is obviously the best type of training for you anyways so you should see results with that! Ah good, at least it may make your workout a little more exciting too haha!
Reply 13
Original post by gemmax6x
Sorry I didn't see that you had initially said interval training anyways, which is obviously the best type of training for you anyways so you should see results with that! Ah good, at least it may make your workout a little more exciting too haha!

My friend who designed the program for me is a personal trainer.

He said not to do Interval Training but switch it to 3x 30 minutes of brisk jogging.

Not to do high interval training on a 0-low carb diet.

Thanks. Dont care if its boring, need to make the weight !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this for the military?

Please don't do this. Drinking too much water can kill you (really!), and it can happen quite quickly (within a few hours). This may be aggravated by an exercise/diet regime, so please be very careful. You really should have been thinking about this a bit more in advance, shouldn't you?
Original post by typonaut
Please don't do this. Drinking too much water can kill you (really!), and it can happen quite quickly (within a few hours). This may be aggravated by an exercise/diet regime, so please be very careful. You really should have been thinking about this a bit more in advance, shouldn't you?

Yes I know, drink the recommended amount for your BMI, I should have been more specific my bad.Normally that amount is far more than people drink in a day on average. Also as long as you go to the toilet often it should all be okay.
Reply 17

OP said 4 litres of water. That's absolutely fine. Won't die from drinking 4L haha.
Reply 18
Original post by TornadoGR4
Is this for the military?

Police Force

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Plan on only drinking 4 litres of water a day. This is going from drinking a litre of Coca Cola a day.

I have been obsessing about each stage. Cramming information in and due to constant worry also cramming my face.

I never thought I would reach this far.

Should have eased myself into it from before.

Thanks for replying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply